2.0

a/n : hey guys hope everyone is doing good!!!! thank you so much for all the love recently!! I really appreciate every comment and vote :)

please vote, comment, and react!

✰✰✰

PROMPTLY AT 9 AM THE NEXT DAY, THERE IS A KNOCK AT SPENCER BANNER'S DOOR.

She knew it wasn't Bruce, because two hours earlier when he brought her some breakfast, he mentioned a meeting with the rest of the Avengers that would take a few hours. He made sure to promise it wasn't about Spencer's predicament. But Spencer can see it in his eyes and his body language that he was lying right to her face. She was too tired to even call him out for it.

There was another knock.

Spencer spun her desk chair in the direction of the door. She sighed, but heaved herself up from the chair, and inched the door open.

She took one look at the boy in the doorway before going to close it.

But Pietro Maximoff was a lot quicker than her.

His hand blocked the door from closing.

"Good morning, Banner," he greeted, unusually... tired. Not as peppy or irritating as he usually was.

Spencer surveyed his face for a second. Maybe it was the lighting, but his blue eyes didn't seem as blue today. There was red surrounding his eyes, but Spencer didn't know if she had just never taken the time to notice it before.

(She tried not to make a habit of staring at obnoxious superheroes.)

Her pressure against the door slackened, but she didn't let him in yet. Instead, Spencer leaned against the door. "Good morning," she said back.

Pietro peered over her shoulder, then back at her. "You should let me in," he suggested, slipping his hands into the pockets of his dark blue sweater. "It would be polite."

"I'm not going for polite," Spencer told him.

Pietro just pushed the door open and walked in anyway.

Not making a move to stop him, Spencer just sighed and went back to her place on the comfortable desk chair, pulling her knees up to her chest. Pietro had wandered by the window and was pulling at the curtains Spencer had kept closed.

Spencer just screwed her eyes shut, knowing that he wasn't going to ask before he tugged them open - which, by the way, is exactly what happened.

"You are hiding from the sun, now," Pietro noted, as he turned away from the window, propping himself up from behind on the small ledge.