𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

TW: SUICIDE

"i didn't ask for this shitty situation, i didn't ask for anything from this pointless life

"i didn't ask for this shitty situation, i didn't ask for anything from this pointless life."

***

EVELYN GREENE WATCHED AS HER FATHER THREW A CIGARETTE BUTT AT THE GROUND. This did nothing, it was already put out.

The man was falling into a deep pit of despair. It was understandable.

His brother was just announced dead. His own son was the one who stole the man's life.

Evelyn was in too much shock to process anything despite the fact that it had been a month since the incident. Her mother was trying so desperately to get the man back into reality.

She had no luck.

It seemed as if the loss of her own brother wasn't a big deal. She had never truly liked the boy. He was far too blunt, rude, and controlling.

Evelyn was eighteen, nearly in college. She was to leave in a month and move across the country.

Maybe she would get some kind of emotional reaction from herself by an environmental change.

But not even a month into her stay at college, she received a phone call.

Her father had driven himself off of a bridge and into the ocean. The man decided that this world was not worth living in, life happened to be too cruel to him.

Evelyn's emotion returned. Her father's death finally shook something within her and reminded her just how cruel the world was.

The damage had been done. There was no more united family. Only two remained.

Evelyn Greene and Alana Greene. Alana's days were numbered as she continued her battle with chronic lung disease.

The poor woman was hardly given any attention once their family fell apart. At this rate, she wouldn't survive another year with Evelyn gone.

Especially since she asked Evelyn not to come back for her. She requested that her final years be spent alone and that she would reach out to her daughter when it was her time.

So this left Evelyn all alone.

With nobody to look to, nobody to help her.

She was left in her own personal hell.