𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

"with you, i feel invincible

"with you, i feel invincible."

***

THE RINGING OF AN OFFICE PHONE COULD BE HEARD THROUGHOUT THE ROOM. A hand reached over and pick up the phone quickly.

"Evelyn Galliard speaking."

"Ma'am, I just have to tell you, you have to most gorgeous voice. I also love your last name, it rolls so nicely off the tongue."

Evelyn pinched the bridge of her nose and put her elbow on the desk. She shook her head in disappointment.

"Porco, we talked about this, you can't call my work phone." Evelyn said. "You have to call my cell." she said.

"You don't answer your fucking cell! How am I supposed to tell you that I like your last name?" he asked, whining through the phone.

"That's the point, Porco. I'm working, I can't just answer the phone." she said.

"But you just-"

"Nope. That one won't work this time, I answered the phone because I thought it was a client." Evelyn said.

Evelyn could hear her husband sigh on the end of the line. She started to feel a little guilty. He worked a leisurely job at home on his own hours, so calling her during her work was his favorite pastime.

"Eve, I just wanted to know what you wanted for dinner." he said pitifully.

"Whatever you want. You get to pick dinner." she said.

"Whatever I want?" he asked.

"Oh god." Evelyn could hear his smirk on the other end of the line.

"Maybe I want you for dinner."

"Porco, please." Evelyn said with an embarrassed chuckle.

Porco laughed like a jackass on the other end of the line. Evelyn couldn't help but laugh with him, leaving laughter going both ways over the line.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm gonna order a pizza." he said.

"Fine by me, see you at home."

"Alright, I love you, Eve."

"Love you too, Porco."

Evelyn walked into her apartment only to be immediately showered in kisses. She giggled as she attempted to take off her blazer, but could hardly move out of the grasp of her own husband.

"You're clingy today." she commented when he was finally done.

"I just missed you today." he said as he walked towards the couch.

Evelyn frowned.

"Excuse me, do you not miss me every day?" she asked sarcastically.

"Some days more than others. I got pineapple on half of it." he said as he opened the pizza box.

"Yum. Ugh, my back is killing me today." Evelyn said as she plopped down on the couch.

"We'll take some painkillers because we're getting on the plane tomorrow." Porco said.

"Yeah yeah, it still baffles me. How did we only get married two years ago while Nico and Sasha are renewing their vows?" Evelyn asked as she took a bite of pizza.

"They got married in college. It's been ten years for them." Porco replied.

"Ugh, college." Evelyn said.

"Hey, don't say it like that! We met in college." Porco said defensively.

Evelyn smirked at her husband.

"Yeah, I know. Do you remember when you tried to piss me off on purpose just so you could see me mad?" Evelyn said.

"Yup, don't regret it one bit."

bella's note:

thank you very much for reading. i wanted to keep it short and sweet. i hope you all enjoyed this, i published at least one chapter a day when i started and i think i only skipped one day.

i loved writing this. so much.

i'm going to publish another chapter called author's notes. i'll just be giving my thoughts on the story and some things i thought of while writing it. i will also post some exclusives like one shots later on as well just to satisfy the need for more evelyn and porco content.

thank you so much for reading, i greatly appreciate it.