𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"no, it's not okay

"no, it's not okay. i am not okay."

***

SHEER PANIC FLOWED THROUGH EVELYN'S VEINS. She stood up quickly with wide eyes.

"Ma'am? Are you there?" the woman on the phone asked.

"Thanks, I'll be right there." she said.

Evelyn hung up the phone and stood in shock for a moment, staring at the wall.

It hadn't quite hit her just yet.

"Evelyn?" Peter called.

"Shit. Shit!" she said. Evelyn began gathering her things and shoving them into her backpack without properly organizing them.

"What's wrong? What-"

"He's in the hospital, he got in a wreck! I have to go!" Evelyn yelled.

Peter just watched as Evelyn closed her bag and ripped her car keys out of the front pocket. She gripped onto her phone with a shaking hand.

And without another word, Evelyn sprinted out of the room, leaving Peter by himself.

She broke many speed limits, but she didn't give a shit. Evelyn could hardly breathe steadily as she raced to the hospital.

It was a whopping twenty minutes from the library, but she finally made it.

Evelyn ran inside and nearly bulldozed herself into the front desk.

"Porco Galliard." she said.

"Ma'am, I need you to-"

"Which room is he in?! Where is he?!" Evelyn shouted.

"This hallway, last room on the left!" the nurse yelled in fear. It was only her first day interning at the hospital.

Evelyn busted through the doors and full-on sprinted to the room. When she finally reached the door, she slowly stepped inside.

There he was.

Porco laid there.

He had thick bandages all over his left arm, an oxygen mask over his face, and a bandage wrapped around his head. Cuts and bruises littered his face. An IV needle was stuck in his right arm.

Evelyn just took it in. Porco looked awful. This was a nightmare.

It couldn't get more hellish than this.

"He had a large piece of a car window stuck in his left arm. It was safely removed and he's stitched up. There's severe bruising on the entire left side of his body, including a few ribs. Also, he suffered a concussion and needs some assistance breathing right now." the woman said.

Evelyn slowly approached Porco's right side. Shivers moved up and down her spine while her hands violently shook.

She stood next to him and just looked at his face. The left side had more cuts while the right side showed a large bruise.