7 | Secrecy

As Koda made her way to Medbay as she followed Gia and Scout, with Lemon following close behind. They entered the room as she made her way to the back, Gia eyeing them closely.

"Are any of you two hurt?" she asked worriedly as she approached Koda and Lemon. Koda turned to the healer, "I believe you know why I'm here" Gia nodded, "Of course I do. I was only making sure. Don notified me that you could possibly be under a lot of stress seeing as you as you finally received your first apprentice" the healer spoke in an understanding tone as she opened a small cupboard and took out a small plastic container.

"If you need anything, you know where I am. And if you need a break, I have no problem to look after Lemon whilst you do your own things," Gia handed the container to Koda and kindly smiled at Lemon who stayed close to her mentor, looking around curiously.

Scout remained silent as he watched them from one of the Medbay beds. He especially watched Koda as if he knew something. Koda looked back at him, narrowing her eyes. He simply gave a thumbs up as he smiled at her. Something definitely off with his behaviour, but she didn't exactly care. He would be dead before he even knows what hit him.

Koda snapped back into reality as she noticed Gia and Lemon happily exchanging in conversation. She sighed and went to leave the room, not caring whether her apprentice stayed behind or not. As she went back to the cafeteria she noticed that the sleeping quarters were now open and that Herbert and his son were serving the after work meals. She always found it absolutely stupid as to why a kind hearted father such as him would bring his only son on a dangerous space mission.

She noticed movement beside her and met eye contact with the yellow crewmate known as Lemon, "Are you okay?" there was something about her that made Koda rather calm and at peace. But she shrugged the feeling away as nothing and nodded, "Make sure to get yourself something to eat by Herbert" she gestured to the large male, wearing a striking pink space suit, accompanied with a rainbow colored bandana tied around his neck.

"Will you be coming with me?" Lemon asked hopefully, looking up at her mentor. "I don't have to hold your hand during everything you do. Surely you can eat by yourself, can't you??" she questioned the newbie impatiently. Lemon taken aback as she slowly nodded, "I can.. I just thought you could sit and eat with me.."

Koda sighed and already regretted the decision she was about to make, "Fine. I'll sit with you" Lemon cheered silently and thanked her before making her way to the ship's cook, waiting patiently for Koda to follow. She made her way to the eager apprentice as her meal was given to her, however, as to no surprise, Koda hadn't received anything.

"Choose a spot where ya wanna sit and hurry," Koda looked down at the yellow crewmate waiting for her to make up her mind. "But where's your food?" she asked her mentor, slight worry in her voice. "I don't feel like eating right now," tired of waiting, Koda made her way to the farthest table and sat down, watching Lemon closely.

Her apprentice sat across the table from her and took her helmet off, ready to dig in to the food that Herbert made. Koda subconsciously studied her features. She slightly tilted her head, trying her best to actually figure out the correct colors. Lemon's freckles gave her a unique facial feature and accompanied with her blonde hair, she stood out from the other crewmates. She unexpectantly looked at Koda, who quickly frowned before looking away.

"Will you not be taking of your helmet?" Lemon asked, her blue eyes shining curiously. Koda growled silently in annoyance, "no" without saying anything else she got up and walked away. There was nothing she hated more that people who did not respect one's privacy. All the other crew did not mind that she never took off her helmet not her trademark cat beanie, and no one exactly questioned it. It was the one thing she was insecure about. And of course being color blind. And she wasn't just going to change any time soon just because some random newbie asked her to.