𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐓𝐖𝐎: Never Go Alone

- ˏˋ [STEP TWO: Never Go Alone] ˊˎ -

- ˏˋ  ✎  [STEP TWO: Never Go Alone] ˊˎ -

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"This is 7045. Come in, 3022. I repeat: come in, 3022. Over."

The sudden voice and rattling within the communications room — also Liz's bedroom — was enough to make her eyelids flutter open from her light doze.

She was never able to sleep much since the Apocalypse had began: it pretty much became impossible with the constant, overwhelming fear that a monster would come in and eat one of her colony members alive.

"This is 3022. What is it now, Ray?" an irritated elderly lady's voice from the other side of the radio came.

"Hey, Janice! No, it's actually Joel," Joel corrected the woman, a small smile creeping onto his face.

"Oh, Joel... alright, hold on one second," the lady murmured, before calling out to the girl that she knew Joel was trying to contact. "Aimee, it's Ray!"

"Joel," he corrected again, "thanks, Janice." He breathed, pursing his lips slightly, patiently waiting to hear Aimee's voice.

Liz rubbed her eyes harshly, disoriented and utterly confused as to why Joel was in her bedroom. "What are you doing here?" her tired groan vibrated throughout the entirety of the room.

"Sh, I'm talking to my girlfriend," he snapped.

Liz raised her eyebrows at him with sass, soon deciding to exaggerate her yawn as much as she could, purposely making as much noise as possible while laying down, just because Joel told her to 'sh'. She turned to lay on her side to face him, furrowing her eyebrows. "Oh, yeah. What's her name again? Abigail? Andrea?"

Joel shot her an irritated look, clearly sick of her mocking him constantly. "Her name is—"

"Joel, hey!" a voice interrupted from the radio, a different one from the elderly lady.

"Hey, Aimee! Hi!" Joel's attention adverted back to the machine in front of him, speaking into the microphone. "How are you? It's so good to hear your voice!"

Liz rolled her eyes. "Gross," she grunted, before turning to lay on her back and face the ceiling. There was no way she was going to listen to the couple's disgusting, soppy reunion over the radio. She grabbed the pillow from below her head and pressed it on her face, screaming into it.

Joel glanced over at her alarmingly, but Liz continued to release muffled screams to block out anything she would hear of their conversation, unable to see Joel's nasty glares.

When she finally removed the pillow from her face for a breather, she heard Aimee speak in a slightly concerned tone. "What was that?"

"Oh... uh, it's just Liz being Liz—"