𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: Put up a Fight

__________

- ˏˋ    [STEP SIXTEEN: Put up a Fight] ˊˎ -

- ˏˋ  ✎  [STEP SIXTEEN: Put up a Fight] ˊˎ -

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

When daylight started to seep through the little slits between Joel's eyelids, he awoke with a loud groan. Without giving himself even a second to entirely process his surroundings, his eyes instinctively shot upwards to see barbed wire wrapped around his wrists above his head, his hands tied against a metal pole of something large that he struggled to decipher.

As pins and needles brutally began to prickle at his numb arms, memories of what had happened the night before plagued his mind.

That bastard, Cap.

Joel tugged at his hands frantically to try to break free from the metal pole that he was forcefully up against, but it didn't seem to be working at all.

"Oh, my God..." He began to panic, wondering where the hell Liz was, "E–Elizabeth?"

"Shh, I'm right here," Liz hushed from next to him, causing Joel to flinch in shock slightly. "Hey, you're finally awake!"

"Oh, thank God you're okay." He huffed in relief, eyes scanning over the girl next to him, only to see that she, too, was tied against a metal pole. "Fuck... Are you okay? Are you in pain? Oh, my God, I'm gonna kill that asshole—"

"G'morning!" an overly jolly voice with an Australian accent interrupted.

Both of their heads whipped around to see Cap sitting right in front of them, a devilish grin lingering on his lips.

"You! You... you bitch!" Liz yelled, impulsively moving forward, only to be held back by the wire wrapped ruthlessly around her wrists. "I'll fucking kill you!"

"Woah, woah, woah, enough of the empty threats," Cap teased, chuckling. "You won't do anything to me. I know you won't."

"Oh, yeah? You wanna test that theory?" Liz hissed, spitting venom through her words. "Why don't you come a little closer, huh?"

Cap snorted. "Might wanna watch your tone with me, Lizzie. You're the one tied up, remember that."

"That's why you're not coming any nearer? You're scared, aren't you?" Liz challenged, her face contorting into a sardonic grin. Mocking his tone, she added, "You're the one who keeps going on about how impressed you are that I was on the surface for so long. I could kill you if I wanted to, remember that."