𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑: Fall in a Hole

- ˏˋ [STEP FOUR: Fall in a Hole] ˊˎ -

- ˏˋ  ✎  [STEP FOUR: Fall in a Hole] ˊˎ -

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"You know, taking lipstick from a random bus is not very hygienic."

"Do you ever shut up?"

"Boy, what do you think?"

Liz and Joel both looked at Boy stupidly, in hopes for some kind of answer, but the dog simply just whimpered in an unknowing manner.

After their prolonged night in the bus, Boy made it clear that he was pretty determined to leave alongside the human pair. So he did.

But not before Joel aimlessly took a random stick of lip-product that he found in the bus, because it seemed to remind him of his beloved Aimee. And, not to mention that Boy was also adamant on bringing the red dress with him too.

"Boy doesn't mind, nor does he care. He literally allowed me to take it," Joel spoke on behalf of the dog, his head dug into the map, trampling through the grass-filled path they'd been walking on for at least seven hours.

Liz rolled her eyes, snatching the map from his grasp. "Yeah, whatever. He probably never even notice that the lipstick was there in the first place."

"No, no, I'm sure he did—"

"Wait a second," Liz cut him off, eyes glaring at the map with intense concentration, "Joel, which way did you start walking when we left the bu—"

Before Liz even had the chance to finish her sentence, she was interrupted by a shriek that erupted from her own throat, falling into a deep hole and landing on her stomach with a loud thud.

"Elizabeth!" Joel called out, stumbling forward as he tried to grab her, but failed in doing so. He quickly raised his hands to his sides to balance him up, trying to make sure that he didn't fall into the hole as well. Once he fully balanced himself, he stared at her with worried eyes, as she loudly coughed out the dirt that decided to unwelcomely invade her mouth.

Rolling onto her back in the filthy ground, Liz's pained eyes glanced back up at him and Boy, only to see a smirk grow on Joel's face from ear to ear. "What's so funny?" Liz muttered through gritted teeth, in attempt to refrain from screaming in pain.

"You fell in a hole!" Joel cackled, slapping his knee dramatically to get on Liz's nerves more than he already was.

Liz shot him a deadly glare. "It's a sand-gobbler's nest, actually," she snapped, coughing once again, "now, help me up."

Joel gasped in a sarcastic manner. "Is that you asking me for help? Are you saying that it's my turn to save your life?" he teased, earning an aggravated eye-roll from Liz.