Chapter 22

"Yeah, save your little friend, Mal!" Audrey's voice called to Mal from the top of the school as pink flashes of lighting went off.

Dizzy squeaked in fear as Uma and Freddie glowered at Audrey. Freddie wrapped her arms around her little sister who'd grown quiet in worry for her future self.

"Oh, you're lucky I don't have my talisman to access my friends on the other side," Facilier growled. "Otherwise, you pest, you'd learn to enjoy spending the rest of your insignificant life as a mosquito."

"I never thought he could have gone worse than a frog for me," Naveen muttered to Tiana.

"You know, in a twisted way, we owe him for our being together," Tiana muttered back. "Had you stayed human, our only interaction would have been when you gave that little bow to me on your way to Lottie's house and then you'd be married to Lottie and I'd probably still be working two jobs to try to get my restaurant."

"And we wouldn't have our boys and Lady Lottie wouldn't have Conner or Carter," Naveen smiled. It had been at Tiana's insistence that Charlotte get at least a title, considering it had been her dream to be a Princess since she was a child. And she had given that up for Tiana to have her chance at love.

Mal turned back and her eyes flashed bright green as a cloud of purple smoke surrounded her. As it faded, a dragon flew to the top of the school, growling.

"Oh it's going down!" Freddie grinned, barring her teeth as she sat on the edge of her seat.

"Celia was my pick, she's my responsibility," Mal stated firmly. "Auradon's important but I'm sure in that moment, all my onscreen self cares about is getting Celia to safety."

Emir nodded but he was on the edge of his seat as well. He knew how much Ben loved Mal, if she got hurt or worse in the battle...with Ben's future self turned to stone, the Agrabah Princeling didn't know how his friend would react.

Mal fired off a fireball at Audrey who seemed to defuse it as Celia cowered in the corner.

"How...how do you defuse a dragon's fireball?"

"Apparently like that."

Audrey laughed as Mal roared before being forced to dodge as Audrey lashed out with the scepter.

"Watch out Mal!" Macaria shouted, biting her lip in worry for her cousin.

"Help me, Mal!" Celia cried as Mal continued to dodge blast after blast from the scepter. Audrey grabbed Celia and held her close, laughing menacingly as Mal growled.

"Careful not to fry your little V.K. buddy," Audrey said, her voice low.

"You hurt her and you're the one who's going to fry," Freddie growled. "Maybe you'll even get to tell Frollo what his precious Hellfire's like!"

"You're just going to let them talk about a Princess like this?!" Leah exclaimed, looking at Aurora.

"Her sister's threatened, she's allowed to be worried," Aurora stated. "I know this won't happen but Audrey needs to know there're consequences for her actions."

"Aurora!"

"Yes mother," Audrey said softly.

The scene cut to Uma and Harry running back before ducking as Mal flew past them.

"You came back," Mal said softly.

"You ever know me to run from a fight?" Uma asked, giving Mal a small smile.