Chapter 7

[The scene opens on an exterior shot of a castle, obviously a different one than Auradon Prep, as Beast's voice could be heard speaking.]

"I think we all know why we're here," Beast said and Ben looked over at Mal, who had her arms crossed over her midsection and looking down at the ground.

"I thought you said it didn't hurt when I asked about it this morning?" Ben asked softly. "The burn from the ember I mean?"

"It still twinged a bit," Mal muttered. "I didn't want you to worry."

"Yeah, that's not happening," Ben said, pulling her into his arms. "We'll go see Apollo after the viewing. I don't care if it hurts or not."

"The people are in a panic about Hades. He almost got out," Beast explained as Ben looked off to the side, almost as if he was amused by his father's concern.

"Dude, who are you even looking at?" Akiho asked. "There's no one on that side....actually, why not include Jane on that? It'd have been a cool dynamic, with the previous generation on one side and the future on the other."

"He gets this from you, I hope you know," Kristoff said to Anna, a small chuckle in his voice.

"Don't even try to deny it Anna," Elsa shook her head.

"Who knows what he would've done if he had escaped?" Fairy Godmother said, drawing Ben's attention to her.

"...reactivated Steph's portal to get my wife and son off that hellhole," Hades said simply. "There, now you know."

"We can't risk having another villain on the loose," Beast stated.

"With all due respect...actually with no respect whatsoever, why are you involved at all?" Harriet asked Beast. "This is the king's decision and last I checked you're no longer king! A captain doesn't keep another captain as their first mate after all!"

"I really feel like this is my fault," Mal said and gently pursed her lips together before looking over at Ben. "I'm supposed to protect Auradon."

"Why?" Persephone asked. "Mal is seventeen. Why is it her job to protect Auradon when she's only been off the Isle for a year?"

"You did, you do protect Auradon," Ben said quickly, turning toward her.

"Nice save," Akiho chuckled.

"Every time we open the barrier, we're exposed to danger," Beast said as Ben and Mal looked over at him. "Maleficent, Uma, Hades."

"Uma, who hasn't done anything toward you lot since leaving the Isle?" Harry asked.

I think you mean, Uma who hasn't done anything toward Auradon since abandoning her crew? Harriet thought, shooting a small glare toward the daughter of the sea witch.

Gil frowned. "Harry...Uma left," he said softy but Harry ignored him.

Before anyone could say another word, Ben's cell phone went off and he turned away to check it. Quickly silencing it, Ben turned back to the other four.

"So was that a text or a call?" Emir asked. "Because that was too short to be a call and if it was a text, we need to change your text alert so it doesn't sound like your ringtone."

"It was a text," Ben sighed, knowing he'd have to keep a closer watch on his phone for the next few weeks.

"Maleficent's scepter and the queen's crown have been stolen," he said softly and Fairy Godmother gasped in alarm.