Chapter 9

[Carlos didn't hear Dude as he was too focused on staying on the bike that was making its way toward the Isle, along with the others. The scene cut to Jane's birthday, in the woods, where what looked to be most of the student population of Auradon Prep was in attendance. Jane and Chad were on the platform where Ben and Mal had their first date. Jane looked around anxiously while Chad played around with what was later revealed to be a squirt gun shaped like a sword.]

"How old are you again?" Lucy gently teased her older brother.

"Older than you little sister," Chad teased back. "So that would be....two years and two minutes I believe?"

"...I hate you."

"No you don't."

"Oh," Chad said with a small laugh. "Looks like Carlos forgot about your birthday, huh?"

"I didn't forget," Carlos rolled his eyes.

"I know," Jane assured him. "Chad's just being himself."

"...who else would I be?" Chad asked, looking over at Jane.

"Well, maybe not, maybe he just took the wrong trail or something," Jane said as she turned to look at Chad.

"I know my way through the woods!"

"Or you know what? They probably don't celebrate birthdays on the Isle, maybe it's like a cultural thing," she added, as if trying to convince herself.

"Is that a thing?" Emir asked. "Because Mal once told Akiho and me that her birthday was quote 'classified information' that we would never find out."

"How did you find that out?" Mal asked, raising an eyebrow. "I never did learn how you two got that bit of information."

"You forgot about Dude," Akiho smirked. "One bribe of chicken later and he sang like a canary."

Mal shook her head as Dizzy, Alexandria, Celia and Hadie laughed.

"When is her birthday?" Ava asked.

"June 11th."

To everyone's surprise, it was Harry and Uma who answered; beating even Hadie who'd had his mouth open.

"Maleficent made a big to-do about it when she was born," Harry scoffed to cover up the fact that they still remembered, ignoring Harriet's knowing smile.

Of course we remember, and I know Mal still remembers our birthdays too. It's the only days she and I will allow a cease fire between my crew and her's, Uma thought. Four days out of the year—March 25th, April 21st, June 11th and Jan 21st. The only four days their warring crews had peace.

"Oh, yeah," Chad nodded. "Or maybe he just forgot. You never know," he finished with a chuckle before running off to the lake.

"Honestly it's like a sibling relationship," Neal chuckled.

"Well Jane, Chad, Audrey and I have been around each other since practically infancy," Ben said.

"I think mom has a photo of you and Chad in diapers together Ben," Kitty chuckled.

"I will accept a copy of that as a wedding present," Mal teased.

"Katherine," Cinderella said, gently warning her daughter. "That being said, I would be happy to find a copy of that picture for you Mal."

"Mal, my mom probably has that same photo," Ben said, shaking his head even as his cheeks flushed bright red. Though to be fair, Chad's did the same.