12 // Coffee dates (Update!)

Happy Valentine's day! This is my gift for all of you :)

Buuuuut,
So I got some news for y'all!

1. I changed my name on Wattpad since it was so cringy
     (It is a softened version of my internet alias 'zevorin')

2. Expectations is now available on ao3!
     You can go read (or download) the book on ao3 now
     You'll find me under the same name, aka 'zelouqin'

3. New cover
     Since I changed my name I thought I might as well make a new one

Cover: Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan as Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian in 'The Untamed'

Warning: Chuuya pretends like nothing happened be warned, this is not because the author forgot okay shut up

--------

As if too soon the weekend was already over and Dazai was back to his regular routine; wake up, study, go to school, study, sleep. Rinse and repeat. Or so it would have been, had Chuuya not butted in.

When Dazai arrived at school on Monday, Chuuya was waiting for someone at the entrance of the school grounds. Or so it seemed. He stood there staring at his shoelaces, arms crossed and face filled with both embarrassment and grumpiness — presumably from it being early on a Monday

Chuuya looked up from his messy shoelaces and his eyes landed on Dazai. Chuuya's grumpy face was instantly replaced by a sunny smile. Dazai could feel his lips tugging up without his consent. He shook it off and walked over to Chuuya. "Hi", Dazai greeted in a hoarse voice. Yesterday he had called his parents to inform them about Chuuya coming over as well, and they had gotten into an argument.

If Dazai had to point out one of the 'few' things he like Chuuya, he would definitely mention the way Chuuya never pushed on things Dazai did not say anything about. At least most of the time. And this was one of those times. "Hey. What took you so long?" Chuuya had simply said back. No mention of Dazai's lost voice whatsoever. And that warmed his heart.

"I always come at this time. I thought Chuuya would already know that, but it seems he doesn't care about me at all!" Dazai said dramatically with a hand on his forehead, pretending to be wounded by Chuuya's words.

Chuuya shot him a cold glare — similar to his adoptive mother's — and smacked Dazai's chest. "Oi! Don't talk about me like I'm not here!" He said firmly, brows furrowed.

Dazai scoffed and mumbled: "Chuuya is so violent..." He had an obviously fake pout on his face. Chuuya rolled his eyes. "It's just... I've been waiting for like 10 minutes. It was humiliating!"

Dazai froze. All movements and thoughts were halted. Hell, even his heart skipped a beat. Chuuya waited for... for him?

Was this what it felt like to have a friend? That was the thought which occupied Dazai's mind for the rest of the day.

When Chuuya kept laughing at Dazai's stupid jokes even after getting yelled at by the teacher or when Chuuya shared his lunch with Dazai after finding out he did not bring any, was that what it felt like to have a friend?

Chuuya's friends appeared to disapprove of their friendship though. At lunch when Chuuya had pushed a sandwich into Dazai's hands, one of Chuuya's friends had almost dropped his juice box. Dazai could recall Chuuya referring to him as Tachihara. "Chuuya never shares his lunch with us when we forget!" Tachihara had proclaimed loudly. He looked betrayed. Or jealous. Maybe both.