McGee!

things have been a little weird for the team since they found out that Torres and I are together, McGee is avoiding us at all costs and the entire office is looking at us weird. we can't even leave a room together without someone whistling, even if they are just going into the breakroom, this is one of the reasons we didn't want to be outed, in fact, nick and I  don't even know how the office found out. NCIS has no official policy against inter-agency relationships, but there is an unspoken rule, everyone knows they end badly. I remember when McGee was still talking to me he told me about another relationship that tony had, before him and Ziva, with special agent E.J. barret, which reinforces my fear that nick and I won't work out. "agent Torres, agent bishop!" director Vance yelled from the top floor, I know what this is about, the entire office knew about us before we informed director Vance, we are in a lot of trouble. 

we followed director Vance into his office, it felt like being called to the principal's office in the 5th grade. "do you mind telling me why I heard about your relationship from the gossip train and not directly from you?" nick and I exchange a look, trying to figure out what we are going to say.  I take a deep breath and just start talking "with all due respect director Vance, we were still trying to figure out how to tell Gibbs and McGee. Gibbs had his rules and McGee, well McGee is still very sensitive about the issue after Tony and Ziva. the only reason that the team found out was that we were on the security footage from a crime scene, after the team found out that we were together then McGee stopped talking to us, and we left the office. we came back the next day to find out the entire office knew about us." realizing that I just went on a little bit of a rant I clear my throat and say "sorry." I think I just dug our grave. 

"well, now that you're done, I would just like to say that I understand that, and I know how Gibbs is with his rules, but in the future, I would have liked to know about this. now if you would please go down to HR and fill out all the forms that Delores gives you." then he waves us out of his office, once we are outside, we let out a breath of relief, I fully expected to be reprimanded in some way. "hold crap I thought we where gonna lose our jobs!" nick yells, then pulls me into a hug, I know we aren't supposed to show PDA at work but nick and I hugged long before we were together. "ok so before we get in trouble for not immediately doing what we were asked we should go fill out those forms." I say laughing lightly, and nick smiles and nods. 

we filed our paperwork with HR and now we are eating such in the breakroom, I am seriously getting tired of the stares, i don't get what the big deal is, we are dating so what, we're all adults here. "Ellie are you ok? you've barely touched your salad." nick says, I snap out of my daze, "yeah, I'm fine just thinking about how the office found out we are together. we were no were near anyone when Gibbs found out." and then it hits me, there is no possible way for them to have accidentally found out, someone must have told them. "McGee!" I yell and storm out of the break room. McGee looks up from his computer and goes white in the face, he knows he's in trouble. "did you tell everyone that we are together?" I yell, McGee gets up from his chair and says "bishop I was just upset i-" I cut him off, "McGee I am a centimeter away from shooting you! why the hell would you do that?" I feel a hand on my shoulder, It's nick, "Ellie it's fine, no one got in trouble, we just had to file paperwork with HR.", at this point I'm calming down, but I'm still just as confused as before. "why would you do that?" I ask him, "I was just upset, and I- I just can't lose another team member, if tony and Ziva had never gotten together then maybe Ziva wouldn't have waited so long to come to us, and tony wouldn't have had to raise tali alone." I understand why he did it, rage makes you do a lot of things you wouldn't normally do. I smile and say "you pull that crap again I will put 2 bullets between your legs." and pull him into a hug, he's lucky he's my friend.