Taken pt 4

Ellie just stared at the floor, feeling nothing. no anger, no sadness, just a single thought, her baby was dead, and she never even got to tell nick. Ellie had imagined starting a family with him many times, never before they were married, but last night she just felt it in her heart that everything would be alright, she'll never trust that feeling ever again. "Are you pregnant?" Laxman asked, Ellie, lifted her tear-stained face, and said in an eerily calm tone "I was until you killed it. you killed my baby.", Laxman's expression softened, "I'm sorry, I had no intention of harming you or your child, I am going to trade, you, for Gibbs." Ellie chuckled, "if you think that there is any chance of you getting out of this alive, you're crazier than I thought. do you even know how many people have tried; and failed to kill Gibbs, there are so many I can't even list them all; what makes you so special?" Ellie asked tauntingly, though she was genuinely curious, someone who hates Gibbs that much is bound to research him, he's taken down so many killers, many of whom came back with a raging vendetta against him, why does this guy think that he can take down the infamous Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Ellie wondered, then she saw it, a gun, tucked in the waistband of Laxman's pants, this was her opportunity. 

"you want to know what makes me so special? vengeance, that's what makes me so special, and I know what you want to say, all those other people had it too, but not like me. my mother was abusive, she hit us day and night all through our childhood, but when ben turned eighteen, he got out of there, I was going to leave when I turned eighteen too. but one night mother and I got in an argument, and I hit her over the head with a pipe. I didn't know what to do, I had turned eighteen the day before and I was an adult, so I called benjamin. he started burning her, but a neighbor saw him and called the cops. benjamin wouldn't let me tell them what really happened, said it was his job to protect me because he was my big brother." Laxman said, eyes tearing up. a small part of Ellie felt sorry for him, his brother was executed for a crime he didn't commit, but that drop of sympathy went away when she looked back down at the blood, that was still spreading down her thighs. 

if Ellie could just reach the gun she could shoot Laxman and get out, and get to a hospital. Ellie's vision was getting blurry, and her head getting lighter, a few years ago she read an article on the possible complications of miscarriages while eating cheese puffs, one of the top ones was bleeding too much, it can be fatal. "so why haven't you called Gibbs?" Ellie asked Laxman, who was pacing around nervously, "what?" he answered, confused as to why she asked the question. "well if you want to exchange me for Gibbs you will have to call with your demands at some point unless you're too scared." she taunted, all she has to do is get him close enough to take his gun. Ellie didn't have much time, she was getting dizzier and dizzier by the second, the nausea was overwhelming. Laxman turned to Ellie and asked "what did you say?",  she couldn't remember the last time she had felt this ill, "you let your brother take the fell for your crime and now you can't even follow through on your own plan. coward!" she yelled, Laxman came at her, wrapping his hands around her throat, "dont talk about my brother you bitch!". Ellie grabbed the gun and pressed it against his side, and pulled the trigger. Laxman fell onto his back, clutching his wound. Ellie shot the bolt holding the restraint in place, she dropped the gun and ran out the door onto the street.