05. Office Kisses

"How was your first day of school, honey?" My Mom asked, her usual vibrant smile on her face causing me to return a smile.

     "Did you have fun?" My Dad asked as we approached our car.

     I nodded as I climbed into the car. "It was great!" I excitedly exclaimed. "I can't wait to tell Caitlin."

My parents now sat in front of me in the front seats. "I'm sure she'll love hearing about your first day a school," my Mom said.

"Your grandma arrived today." My Dad informed as he stared at me through the revere mirror and I could not help but smile.

"Yay!" I cheered.

My parents chuckled at my excited reaction and I smiled back at them, but it soon fell when I noticed the car headed our way.

"Santiago watch out!" My Mom yelled, but it had been too late. Everything went black after the impact.

"No!" I looked around and realized I was in my bed, sweat dripping down my forehead as a cold feeling ran through my veins. "It was just—" I didn't even know what to call it. Dream? Nightmare? Memory?

The light knock at the double-doors distracted me from my thoughts. I stepped out of my bed and walked over to open them.

"Good morning, Ms. Hamilton," Giselle, one of the maids, greeted. "Mr. McKeller asked for me to bring you this." She motioned to the Scarlett's Boutique box she had in hands.

     "May you please place it on my bed?" I asked and she nodded as she placed it on my undone bed.

     "He also asked that you be downstairs for breakfast by eight." Giselle added. "And do not worry about the bed, I'll take care of it."

     "Thank you," I replied before she walked out of my bedroom.

     I walked over to my bathroom and took a quick shower to wake myself up. Once done, I walked over to my bed and moisturized. I opened the box and stared at the white romper. I let out a sigh and put it on. It did not look bad, in fact it did my bum wonders. I matched it with a pair of nude heels. I let my hair fall in wavy curls before adding some light makeup. Once done, I grabbed my phone and walked downstairs and into the dinning room.

Adrian already sat at the table with a newspaper in hand. His light brown locks were darker than usual indicating that he had just taken a shower. He was dressed in a dark blue suit, with a white dress shirt and black tie. He also wore silver cuff links and a silver Rolex watch around his wrist. A plate of untouched scrambled eggs and bacon sat in front of him.

     "Good morning," I greeted to which he only returned nod of acknowledgement. I rolled my eyes and took the seat in front of where my breakfast had been placed.

     "Would you like some coffee?" Ana, one of the other maids asked.

     I gave her a grateful smile and shook my head. "No, thank you." I answered.

     Ana nodded and walked out of the dinning room. I grabbed the silver fork and began eating my breakfast. Adrian finally set down his newspaper when I did this.

     "I see you decided to wear what I bought you." Adrian commented and I simply nodded.

     Adrian let out a heavy sigh before following my actions and eating his breakfast. The room was silent, except for the occasional clinking of the silverware against the porcelain plates.

     "Why did you not tell me about your parents?" He asked and I tensed up.

     "No questions about the past, remember?" I snapped. "Plus, I thought you had done a background check on me before the contract. At least, that's what a smart person would do." I added before getting up and walking out of the dinning room.