21. Welcome Back

"You know, you did not have to come." I held onto Adrian's hand as I exited the vehicle.

       "Trust me, if I hadn't your friends would have started wondering why. We have to keep up with our facade, remember?" Adrian winked at me before kissing my cheek.

       He seemed unfazed by his actions, but me. I was a complete mess inside because of them.

       I cleared my throat and patted my cheeks to get rid of their red tint. If only I could mask my emotions like him. Or better yet, if only I held no emotions whatsoever.

       I really had to end these feelings I held for Adrian before I ended up broken-hearted again.

"You alright?" I looked up and found Adrian looking at me with a concerned expression. His hand rested on my head as he gently rubbed his thumb over my hair.

Fuck.

"Y-Yeah," I stuttered as I walked out of his touch. "W-We should get going."

"Alright, let's go." Adrian stared at me amused but did not say anything. Instead, he interlocked our hands and led us toward the front porch.

       Don't faint. Don't faint.

       I could feel my hand growing sweaty from the nerves. I wanted to slap myself for being so jittery under Adrian's touch.

       Thankfully, I found the opportunity to let go of Adrian's hand when I reached for the doorbell.

We waited for a few second in silence before the door swung opening revealing the person I was longing to see — Sebastian.

"Jane!" His lips lifted into a wide grin upon seeing me. He leaned down and scooped me into a warm hug. "Oh, how I've missed you Jay-Jay!"

"I've missed you, too!" I exclaimed as I wrapped my arms around the tall brunette man.

       Sebastian was a very handsome man with hazel green eyes that sometimes appeared grey in the sunlight. His light brown hair was short and as always combed to the side. He was as tall as Adrian and just as well-built.

Adrian cleared his throat behind us and we finally pulled away from the hug.

"Sebastian, this is Adrian. He's my fiancé," I chirped as I looked up at Adrian who wore a small frown.

"I see you finally left Damien's dumbass. Hi, Adrian, it's nice to meet you." Sebastian extended his hand toward Adrian. The latter hesitantly shook it, but Sebastian unexpectedly pulled Adrian toward him until they were face-to-face. "You better take good care of her... or else."

Despite Sebastian's threatening glare, Adrian seemed unintimidated.

"Trust me, I love Jane with all my heart. I rather die than ever see her hurt because of me," Adrian replied.

Sebastian stared at Adrian for a few seconds before finally breaking into a smile.

"I like him," he chirped.

"Are you going to let them in or what?" Marshall appeared behind Sebastian holding her hand on her hip in a sassy manner.

"Right, right. Come on in." Sebastian moved out of the way so Adrian and I could enter.

As we walked inside, Adrian pulled me closer to him by my waist. I was surprised by the action, but did not protest.

"Look at him acting all jealous," Sebastian snickered. "Don't worry, Jay-Jay is like a little sister to me. No need to get all overprotective."