Chapter 20

A door opened in the hallway, prompting Onika to call out from the master suite. "Beyoncé, would you come help me?"

Momentarily confused, Beyoncé approached the bedroom door with hesitation, uncertain of what Onika could need help with. She stood rooted to the spot in the doorway as she caught sight of Onika's swimsuit from behind. It was a black and pink polka dot bikini that hooked around the bust and tied around the neck, with a scalloped edge along the top of the bottoms, which clung to the older woman's delicate curves. Beyoncé was certain that Onika's bikini top would fantastically showcase her voluptuous breasts and she was also certain that drool was about to start dripping from her mouth.

"Would you make sure the hook and tie on my top are securely fastened? I think I got them, but I'm not sure," Onika explained softly, turning her head toward the brunette standing in the doorway. "And would you also apply sunscreen to my back, please? I've gotten everywhere else."

Shaking herself out of her observation of Onika's scantily clad body, Beyoncé deadpanned, "It's your mission in life to torture me, isn't it?" as she slowly entered the bedroom and stood behind Onika at the foot of the bed. Examining the hook around the middle of Onika's back and then the knot around her neck, Beyoncé noted aloud that they both looked fine.

"No, I'm not trying to torture you," Onika shot back. "Solar erythema can be incredibly unpleasant, Beyoncé, as well as increase risk for skin cancer. Did you put on sunscreen?"

"Don't need it," Beyoncé replied resolutely, grabbing the already open bottle of sunblock lotion from Onika's hand and squeezing out a half-dollar sized dollop into the palm of her hand. Onika held the bottle again as Beyoncé rubbed her hands together lightly and placed them gently on Onika's shoulders, working her hands around the area and then lower.

"Yes, you do," Onika refuted. "You especially need it because a side effect of Naprosyn includes increased sensitivity to sunlight. The last thing you need in addition to your bruised ribs and concussion is entirely preventable pain and discomfort from sunburn."

"Don't you have a more, um, modest swimsuit?" Beyoncé asked quietly, trying to change the subject as she held out her hand in front of Onika for more sunscreen. She then rubbed her hands together again and smoothed them down Onika's sides and back. Fingers dipped hesitantly underneath the band of the top and slightly underneath the elastic band of the bottoms. A lump formed in Beyoncé's throat as she thought of the even more intimate places she'd had her hands on the woman's body. She felt a twinge of arousal between her legs.

"Do you not like my bikini?" Onika asked with a frown, turning around finally to face Beyoncé.

The bikini top was even more spectacular than Beyoncé had imagined. Onika's breasts were lifted and separated perfectly in the top, forming the best cleavage Beyoncé had ever had the pleasure of seeing. Eyes immediately glanced downward, entirely unable to stop herself. "Wow," she whispered, swallowing hard as she glanced back up. Her face reddened at Onika's amused look.

"Just because I am a mother doesn't mean that I also have to hide my body, Beyoncé," Onika replied, an air of defense in her voice. "I work hard to stay in shape and look good, and I am not ashamed to show off my body in the appropriate situations."

"I remind you of my statement when I entered this room."

"I am not trying to torture you," Onika asserted. "But seeing the effect this bikini swimsuit is having on you right now certainly makes me feel even more confident about my body."

"You aren't making it easy for me to think through everything clearly, so you're still torturing me in a way," Beyoncé replied, biting her lip.

The two stood there for several moments, staring into each other's eyes, the air growing heavy with emotions and desire.