Chapter 17 - You're Fired?! (Part 2)

After waking up and getting dressed, doing your morning routine, and grabbing the communicator, you hear some fighting going on outside. You rush from your room and dash down the hall, stopping when you see Zan sitting at a desk while talking on a headset. "Titan's Tower, Zan speaking...No, he doesn't work here, you want the Bat Cave...I'm sorry, I'm not at liberty to give that number out." He ends the call. 

"Uh, Zan?" He turns to face you and smiles. "Hey (Name)! What's up?" You return the smile. "Zan, why are you sitting at the desk?" You hear an explosion outside. "What's going on out there?" He rolls his eyes, clearly displeased with something. "Right, you went straight to bed. Well, I'm the receptionist here apparently, and the others are fighting  something, I don't know what or who. Except Cyborg, who left entirely." You nod in understanding, and get ready to say something else before an explosion happened just outside the door, and Jenna rushes in.

"Hey, Jenna! How's the new job?" "No time to talk, I'm in the middle of a battle! Just need to activate my powers!" "Oh, right." And that's exactly what happens. Jenna turns into a kangaroo and Zan takes the form of receptionist. Poor guy... You think to yourself. You turn and face him again after Jenna bolts out the door. "Hey, look on the bright side! You could have a worse job, really." He rolls his eyes again, sarcasm lacing his voice. "Oh, really? Like what, pray tell?" You raise a brow. "Plumbing. Errand boy. Or actually fighting and getting messy eighty-five percent of the time."

His eyes widen, then he looks down. "Yeah, true.." Just then, another call comes in. "Right, you should probably get with the others, I have to deal with this." He hisses. You nod and walk towards the door. "Alright, I'll see you later then." You couldn't help to feel bad for him, having to be a receptionist. Walking outside, you see the fight is already finished, arrows and burnt areas all over. You give a questioning look to everyone, and they shrug it off and smile. "Just something small that decided to visit us." Rae told you. 

You nod. "Alright then." Just then, more of the guys from earlier show up, as well as Cy. You all do your best to fight them off, Jenna going inside to re-activate her powers, but it was too late. As the rest scattered, there was one final explosion that hit the team, leaving burns and soot covering you all. Everyone else walks inside, saying 'nevermind' to Jenna, and you all get cleaned up. You all then decide to go into town, since it was a rather nice day. 

Robin points out smoke on the other side of town and Jenna, for whatever forsaken reason, turns into a sloth, and everyone runs off without her. You won the fight, at the cost of another explosion blasting the team, sending you all flying back towards Jenna and landing in a pile. "Nevermind." Then another monster appears in the city, and the team takes off once more. 

During this fight, Jenna turns into a rhino, but ice appears out of nowhere in her way and she slips and falls. The rest of the team is ran over, and pushed into a building. The monster was gone. "Nevermind." What the hell is wrong with this girl? Where did the ice come from? After recovering, you look back to where Jenna slipped, and the ice is completely gone. There wasn't even a puddle. It's not hot enough for ice to melt and the puddle to evaporate that quickly... You keep that in mind for later.

You all return back to the tower and get cleaned up again, then lounge out in the common room, everyone obviously a little annoyed. You hear the elevator ping and the doors open. "Hello everyone, I'm back!" Beastie's voice rings out. Raven speaks for you all. "What are you doing here?" "Figured you guys might be in the need of my heroic services." "Nah, we're good." "But what about her messing up all the time?!" "The useless wonder twin confessed you were behind it all, and (Name) backed him up."

"Hey, who said Zan has no use? Not my dogs!" Oh, right. You forgot Cy was using a tub of water for his feet, Zan being the water. You can tell he's had enough before he even says anything. "That's it, I quit!" "Hey! What about my dogs?!" "Where are you going Zan?! Zan!" You all follow to see him hovering over the toilet. "I can't be a receptionist any longer! I'm great at one thing, and that's being water! That's why I decided to join the ocean!" And with that, he flushes the toilet, the water taking Zan with it down the drain. 

Beast: "Deep." 

Star: "This is terrible!" 

Raven: "Yeah, he left the seat up." 

Robin: "We have to stop him before he floats to sea or we'll never find him!" 

Jenna: "How?! Without Zan, I can't transform into a fish to swim after him!" 

"But I can! Yup." Beastie says, posing heroically. You deadpan as he continues standing there, not doing anything. "What are you waiting for?!" "Gotta figure out what I want to turn into. Octopus? Mhm, alligator? - " "have you learned nothing man?!" Cy says, picking Beast up by the collar of his suit with one hand, shaking him.

"Nope! But it doesn't make me any less of a hero!" He turns into a fish, dropping into the toilet. "Flush me." Rae smiles. "And a lifelong dream finally comes true." With that, she uses her magic to flush the toilet. 

Everyone gathers outside, standing by the elevator. After a moment, you see Beast appear as a pelican, with Zak (still in his water form) in his mouth. "You know Beast Boy," Robin starts, "you're not perfect, but today you reminded us that you truly are a hero." You smile, and the team, the entire, original team, turns and waves at the twins. "Farewell wondrous twins!" The twins activate their powers, Jenna turning into a octopus, and Zan an ice unicycle. With a final encouraging nod to Zan, they disappear into the ocean.

"Since I'm a hero, does that mean I can have my old job back?" Beastie asks excitedly. "We have something else in mid for you, big guy." Robin smiles. Turns out, that 'something else' was Beastie becoming the new receptionist. You giggle, this crazy day finally catching up to you. Yawning, you say goodnight to the others, despite it only being 18:00 (6 p.m), and retire to your room. Undressing to your underclothes, you hang your suit over the chair to your desk, and lazily slide under the covers. 

You fall asleep, stirring to the sound of your door sliding open almost an hour later. Turning and squinting your eyes, your vision slightly blurred, you watch Robin remove his cape, boots, and belt, smiling softly at you as he slides under the duvet as well. Without hesitation, you snuggle closer, your face pressed to his chest. He holds you protectively, and you smile as you take in the familiar scent. 

Robin and I have been getting very close lately. I know I've fallen for him. That much is obvious, to everyone. I wonder...Does he feel the same? Only one way to truly find out.

Snuggling even closer to him, you both fall into a blissful sleep.