Chapter 9 - The Date

I am making the reader sick on this chapter mostly because that's exactly what I was going through today, and decided since I was posting a chapter, why not?

You were sitting on the couch with Rae and Star thinking about what you told Robin nearly a month back. You meant to tell them sooner, but each time you tried you were interrupted, so now was really the only chance. Cy and Beast were no where to be seen, and neither was Robin. You finish telling them, and a few seconds pass before the two start asking you all kinds of questions. You finish answering them all about 5 minutes later, and that is when the missing 3 walk in.

Robin looked infuriated and embarrassed, and Cy and Beast were holding in laughs. You raise a brow at the two trailing Robin, and they make a 'just wait' gesture. Robin then walks up to Star, barely able to look in her eyes. You start to get a sinking feeling. 

You see, a few nights ago you girls had a sleepover on the roof. It was a way to bond, and get to know each other better. Also to unwind, as the boys were driving you 3 crazy. Somewhere in the mix, apparently you were tired enough to not pay attention to what you were saying, cause next thing you know you have Star fangirling and Rae smiling at you. "You have a crush on Robin?! That is so the cute!" 

Now, sitting where you were with Robin looking flustered, you knew what was coming, and so did Rae and Star, both shooting you apologetic looks before anyone can notice. You smile through the anxiety, and the words you were dreading finally came. "Well, uh, Star? I was wondering, if maybe, uh...Maybe we could go out tonight..?" Star smiles lightly, then shakes her head. "I cannot, as I already have the date with someone else." Robin looks appalled and slightly hurt. Just then, one of your best friends makes himself known.

Someone wraps his arms around your torso, trapping your arms and lifting you up and over the couch. You fight the grip, and ended up kicking whoever it was in the leg, and you were let go. You spun to see Speedy, your second best friend who you known only a few days after you met Josh. "Oh my god, Speedy, I'm sorry!" "Nah, it's fine, should've known it was coming." He laughs it off and walks behind Star who is still on the couch, and wraps his arms around her in a loving way, then kisses the top of her head.

You smile at this, you always shipped the two. "Awww!" You, Cy, Beast and Rae cheer, forgetting Robin was right there. You look over expecting hurt but instead saw rage. Robin and Speedy got into a heated argument and disappeared somewhere, the rest of you still in the living room. A moment of silence passes as you all glanced at one another. "So..." Cy tried to speak, but couldn't find anything to say. "Cy, Beast, sit down, I need to tell you two something." They do as you say, and they finally learned what others already knew. As you expected, a million questions were asked.

Everyone goes to do their own thing, and you leave for town for some medicine. Your headache was getting worse, your body was extremely cold all over dispite it still being summer, you were having a hard time to stay balanced, and it felt like all blood was in your head. You were almost at the pharmacy when Robin come in front of you from literally nowhere. You gave out a partial scream and jump backwards. Bad idea. Due to you being very unbalanced, you start to fall backwards. You close your eyes waiting for the painful impact of concrete...

It never came. Robin- last second- shot forward and caught you, and you both were in a dipping position with your left arm on his shoulder, your other hand in his. Passerby's aww at this, some snapping pics. He pulls you up a little too fast, and you have to lean on him to not fall, which he responds with holding you close. You let out a groan at the now severe nausea. "(Name), I'm sorry! Are you alright??" You give a weak nod, unable to speak.