Chapter 15 - Girl's Night Out

To give a quick rundown...The team is currently in the living room, the night after the alpha incident, the boys wanting to go on a boy's night out and Star wanted to go, but they argued boys only. So, your genius idea with your headache was: "Girls, why don't we go on a girl's night out?" Everyone's heads snap towards you and you regret the words leaving your mouth, but Starfire's beaming smile makes up for it.

"You mean it, the friend (Y/N)?! WE CAN HAVE OUR OWN NIGHT OUT?!" You watch her fly laps around the room while whooping happily. She then grabs Raven and brings her over to you, settling down. "Raven! (Y/N)! We can have a crazier girl's night out then the boys with the boy's night out!" They scoff and try to object, but you girls are already in the elevator and descending the building before a word leaves their mouth.

Walking in town, you have a hard time listening with the ache, but you hear Raven mention wanting to see a movie, then Star declining and wanting a 'crazy girl's night'. You don't remember what happened exactly after, but you find yourself standing in front of Jinx, in the Juvenile Correction Facility. You look at Rae and Star confused. Star is busy conversing with Jinx, but Rae moves closer so you can speak.

"Raven, the hell? Why are we here?" Rae giggles. "So you WEREN'T paying attention! I figured as much, you did look pretty dazed. Anyways, Star really wants tonight to be CRAY-A-ZY, so we are breaking Jinx out for the night." It takes you a moment to process her words, and when you do, you gape, whisper shouting. "WHAT?!" Before you can say anything else, Jinx comes out of the cage, and Rae teleports you all to the amusement park.

Once there, you can definitely feel Jinx's criticising gaze on you, and you understand why. You had put her in that very facility on more than one occasion, after all. After a moment of thought, you pull her away real quick, wanting to speak. "Hey, Jinx. I know you don't like me much, if at all. I don't like that you're with us tonight. Not because I don't like you, but because of your...known behaviour...Either way, can we just push that aside? Just for tonight? Just for Star?" You look at her pleadingly, and she nods after a few seconds, smiling.

"Sure, but after tonight, expect me to go back to our usual fighting." You smile back. "Wouldn't have it any other way, Voltage." You call her by a nickname, and her smile widens, you both walking back to the other two. You all find the bumper cars, and though you aren't fond of it, you help Jinx cut the line to the bumper cars. Somehow, you three let Jinx convince you all to release her handcuffs, and she turns the bumper cars into getaway cars. Before you know it, you four are racing cars through the streets of Jump City, vaguely remembering passing the boys at one point.

You panic a little as you hear familiar sirens, and you find yourself disappointed, knowing tonight you are breaking the law, the one thing you always uphold. The officers will be so disappointed in you if you're caught, you think to yourself. In the chase, you all somehow knock over a building and you panic more, knowing this was a terrible idea from the get go. You turn your car away from the group, and you hear them call after you. 

After a few twists and turns, you get out and run, sticking to the shadows and running into the alley. A few minutes pass and you know you lost the cops pursuing you, though they are looking in your area, and you feel worse now that you ditched the girls. Sighing, you get up begrudgingly, and the officers immediately spot you and run over. Handcuffing you, they realise who exactly they've been chasing, and you watch as they grow confused, as they begin to remove the handcuffs.

You jerk away before they could. "Don't. I-I deserve this. I'm right to be cuffed." "Were...Were you the one in the car...?" You hide your face and nod, and they grow more confused. "I'm sorry..." A moment passes as they let it sink in that you actually broke the law, and they decide to cut you some slack, since you are very well known among the law dogs for protecting the town. The officer behind you gently directs you to the car and puts you inside, driving you to the facility.

Once there, you see the other girls conversing, and you want to crawl into a corner and die when they look at you. The officer guides you to one of the cells and you step in, the lasers closing in around you afterwards. Once he leaves, you drop to your knees, refusing to look at the others. They whisper quietly to themselves then call out to you. "(Y/N)...?" You hide your face further, very ashamed. You slowly look at them, and they become more understanding once they see your slightly red face.

"Hey, it's ok..." You're not sure who said that, but once those words leave, you can't help but let tears fall. Between your actions tonight and your growing headache, you felt horrible, and you barely hear the girls try to calm you. They speak among themselves, and after a moment, you suddenly find your knees on cement instead of metal, and out of your cuffs, Jinx helping you stand up. You meekly wipe your tears, a useless effort, and the three hug you. You don't recall how much time passes before they pull away.

"Girls, continue your night, I need to go back home." You realise this is the first time you called the Tower 'home'. "But-" You cut Star off. "I'm going back to the Tower, you girls continue without me." Without another word, you leave the three standing there, staring after you. Walking back, you reach the tower, almost missing the distant wail of sirens, and you head straight to the bathroom. Finding some aspirin, you swallow two pills, not bothering to drink some water, and head straight to bed, not bothering to get comfortable. 

The second your head hits the pillow, you're out.

You wake up to quiet voices outside the door, then someone walking in. Your eyes still closed, you listen to the approaching footsteps, then feel a hand on your back, rubbing lightly. You hear the others walk to their own rooms, and whoever here with you removes your outfit, a loose shirt and shorts on underneath. You finally turn and look to barely see Robin in the dark, and he jumps as he turns to look at your sleeping body- only to see your open eyes staring at him.

He walks up to you and sits on the edge of the bed, gently rubbing your shoulder. "How do you feel...?" You only close your eyes and hum in response. Instead of pushing, he covers you with the duvet and, after making himself comfortable, he lays beside you, holding you close. You only have enough strength to snuggle into him before you fall back asleep, Robin falling asleep soon after.