Chapter Twenty: Decisions

"You could stay here in the Dream SMP territory"
I froze, shocked by his words.

Me, a L'Manbergian living here? That would be betrayal. I would have to go with the very force we were fighting against. I mean, I can't forget everything Dream did to L'Manberg. How many times he hurt one of my comrades.

But then again, it was almost perfect.

Not having to worry about Schlatt yapping nonstop in my ear, not having to look out for Tubbo, not having to help run a country against my own will. Maybe I could even start fresh, pretend nothing's happening......

No.

I would not abandon my family, or my country.

But the best way to do that right now is to come up with a plan and gather resources, which would be a lot easier if I was here. If I chose to live in the Dream SMP territory, I wouldn't forget my mission.

"Let's say I take up your offer and live here. Would I be protected from Schlatt?" I ask, crossing my leg over the other and leaning forward.

"Sure, Schlatt isn't allowed over here unless I say so anyways. You would be safe here" Dream nodded.

"Okay, but what if I wanted to eventually go back and help my friends in L'Manberg. Not Wilbur, but Tommy or Tubbo or Niki. Would I still be perfectly safe living here? I wouldn't get thrown in jail for helping L'Manberg"

"I'm helping L'Manberg at the moment, so I don't see why there would be a problem" He shrugged.

"I'll do it"

"Do what?" Dream asks, although he already knows what I mean.

"I'll live here. But only temporarily" I quickly add on.

"Perfect" Dreams voice has a cheery tone to it, making it sound less sinister than it made me feel.

"Uh, I need to get changed out of this first" I peered down at the still damp pencil skirt and button down I was wearing ever since Schlatt enforced it.

"I'll leave for a little bit, those are the best things I could find at the moment" Dream pointed to the clothes sitting at the edge of the bed.

He shut the door behind him, and this time I didn't hear a lock click. I was now an official citizen of the Dream SMP territory.

Turning to the clothes on the bed I stripped down quickly and put the garments on. Black cargo pants, which I could make do with, and a white tank top, which I could also make do with. As I was folding my skirt nicely I felt something in the small side pocket, almost unnoticeable to the eye. Reaching in, I pulled out the small fabric and smiled, recognising the familiar pattern on the front. I had completely forgotten about it, but when I first started wearing this skirt I would bring a small L'Manberg flag with me wherever I went, just as a reminder of what I was fighting for.

It was perfect as a last touch to my outfit.

I folded it until it was a thin line of blue, white, red, yellow, and black, and then braided my hair, threading the bandana through it delicately.

I don't mean to sound conceited but I thought I looked pretty good for what I was given.

Next, I looked for my flats which were by the door, and I was glad I left L'Manberg on one of the days where I didn't wear heals. Even though flats were nice, they weren't as comfortable as I wanted them to be. Reminder; get new shoes asap.

I was all done, but Dream wasn't back yet, and I didn't know if I should wait for him to return or just leave on my own.

The oak door made a creaking sound as I pushed it open, peeking my head around the wood. The giant halls were empty, and I swiftly slipped out and shut the door behind me. Tiptoeing down the hallway, I start to turn a corner, but stop myself, overhearing a conversation.