Chapter Fifty Two: Rubble

The holidays had come and gone too fast, and it was already time for Tommy and Dream to leave the cabins. Techno wasn't as grouchy about it as he was before, but he didn't say anything when Tommy packed up his bed from the main room.

Dream and I had put off discussing whether I would stay with Phil since he was the main reason I left in the first place. I still had some training to do, and I wasn't entirely sure what and who would be waiting for me in the SMP Territory. Or in New L'Manberg, which I had heard about through Tommy and Dream. I wasn't sure how I felt, but I knew it wasn't my home, and probably never would be, even if it was the same ground.

"Hey," Dream greeted, walking over to where I was sitting on the ledge of the porch connecting the two cabins.

"Hi," I smiled back.

"Have you decided whether you are going to stay?" He asks, plopping down next to me.

"I know that I should stay..." I sigh.

"But?"

"But I want to go back with you," I admit.

"You already know what I want," Dream shrugs, looking down at the small fishes swimming in the small pond Phil made below the deck.

"Do I?"

"I want whatever is best for you," Dream replies quietly. "So if that means you stay here for longer, then I won't complain".

"I'm so happy you said that but I'm also annoyed because that doesn't help," I pout, joining him in watching the fishes move through the water.

It was such a small decision, but I couldn't help but feel it was bigger than it seemed. Maybe it was the freezing air seeping into my brain.

"It's too cold here," I announce.

"We can go inside?" Dream offers.

"No," I shake my head, a small smile forming. "It's too cold to live here. I guess I have to leave".

Dream lets out a short laugh, and looks over at me.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Damn. And I really wanted to stay," I say with fake sadness.

"Is this really what's going to push you to come with us?" He asks with entertainment in his voice.

"It's a very important factor," I defend. "I guess I should go pack".

Without waiting for another response I stand up and run inside, excited by my decision. There was no turning back in my mind, and before I knew it I had all of my things packed and ready to go inside Techno's main room of the cabin.

"So you're leaving?" Techno asks, watching me drag the box of armor Dream gave me near my other bag.

"Yep".

"When did you decide that?" Phil questions, standing next to him.

"About fifteen minutes ago," I replied quickly, putting my hands on my hips, satisfied with my work.

"What about training? Do you think you've reached all your potential?" Phil asks with a raised brow.

"Sure," I shrug, knowing I'm going to keep pushing myself no matter where I am. Whether Phil is there or not, I'll reach my full potential.

"You're sure?" Techno crosses his arms.

"There's no stopping her, '' Dream shrugs with a knowing smile.

I nod.

"He's right," Tommy agrees. "It's annoying how fucking stubborn she can be sometimes".

"Hey!" I glare at Tommy, who flips me off.