its hard to feel better

A/N: it's a post game thing,, virtual reality :)

After the killing game, things were supposed to get better. But all it did was get worse.

It was a virtual reality, meaning that everyone was still alive. But their pre-game memories were still lost, they only had the false memories they were given. And they still had to suffer knowing of what happened in the game.

So Kokichi wasn't doing well. On one hand, everyone is alive. So he didn't actually kill anyone. On the other hand, D.I.C.E. isn't real so he has no one to care for him. And even though everyone's alive, he still couldn't erase the tragic memories from his head.

Yeah, he wasn't doing well at all. His mental state had been significantly weakened to the point where it was hard to even lie anymore. He just had no energy for it.

It's not like it really mattered. No one here cared about him... And for good reason. He made the killing game worse on everybody, it wouldn't make sense for anyone to forgive him.

Except maybe a few people did. Or at least, tried to. Like Rantaro, Kaede, and Shuichi, actually. They didn't leave him behind like all the others and they became almost...friends. But Kokichi just couldn't understand why they stayed with him. They must not like him as much as they claim to. Or it was just a pity thing. Or they were just trying to solve him like a puzzle. Something like that. It didn't make sense otherwise. There was no way that they actually cared about him with no ulterior motives.

Besides, they all hung out fine together, without him. So they didn't need him at all.

For example, they were all hanging out right now. They invited Kokichi too, but he didn't go. Why would he? He'd just say insensitive things and no one would laugh at his clever humor that he uses as a coping mechanism. It would all just be awkward stares. That only has happened a few times so far, but a few times was enough.

So he just stayed in his room. His dark room. There weren't any lights on. He didn't want to turn them on.

Why was he the one struggling? He was the one causing the pain in the killing game. If anything, he should be suffering less. And he probably was. He was just being a big baby about it. He must just want the attention. Or something.

Everyone else seemed to be hiding their feelings better than him. There was no doubt they were struggling too, but they kept trying to go on with their lives. Kokichi couldn't do that, and he was the one famous for putting on a mask.

He needed to get over this but this particular wave of hopelessness had lasted for weeks now and he wasn't getting any better. Every movement he made felt useless. He could only lay on his bed, looking at some dumb thing on his phone that was given to him by Team Danganronpa. Because practically everything everyone had was given by them. I mean, they lived in a space they gave to them.

And the only way to escape that would be death.

*knock knock*

That was a soft knock at his door. Must be Shuichi, then. He always knocks like that. He doesn't like loud noises and he doesn't like to bother Kokichi too much.

So, therefore: soft knock.

Kokichi didn't want Shuichi to see him like this. Not for Kokichi's sake. If Shuichi saw it, it might upset him or something.

Maybe if he pretended he wasn't here, he would go away!

"I know you're in there" Shuichi claimed.

Well, shit.

He walked over to the door. He might as well open it and try to convince Shuichi he was okay. Otherwise, Shuichi might worry too much. And that's the opposite of what he wanted.