Screaming Flying Squirrels

"Hello, My name's David Meowie, pleased to meet you," he said, flashing a smile that dripped charisma like honey from its comb.

"This is my associate Alice Looper, don't worry, he won't bite, he isn't poisonous. He's a boa constrictor, he'll crush you to death," he continued menacingly.

"What do you want?" said Hammy, getting to the point.

"I've come to get my contract. I'd like to have the line-up for the battle of the bands finished before I start printing the merchandising."

Alice Looper's tongue flickered rapidly in and out, tasting the flavor of hamster, mouse, and turtle on the air, as he rose from the ground on his thick muscular body, towering above him. The Rockin Rodents froze in fear.

Suddenly, a scream rang through the air and everyone turned to see the unbelievable sight of a flying squirrel soaring down on spread wings in a sparkling silver rhinestone leotard, hair billowing in the air, her mouth opens "AGGGGHHHHHHH".

Making the sight even stranger was Jimmy Halloumi suspended from the squirrel's bottom pair of claws.

As Jerry turned back to the snake, he noticed it recoil back from the squirrel's banshee voice.

The squirrel dropped Jimmy on top of an abandoned fridge before continuing its dive to land in front of the rodents.

"Hello New Jersey and I am Suzie Squirrel !" she called out as though in front of a huge stadium audience, despite Sewerville being nowhere near that human city which drew some odd glances, even from Alice looper.

"Jimmy, my old friend I wondered when you would arrive, you always knew how to make an entrance. Show business is still in your blood I see."

"There ain't no business in my blood, that was always your thing Meowie, still tricking people out of their music I see," he said to Meowie, before turning to face the snake.

"Still haven't quite recovered from touring with that human metal band, have ya Alice?" he said as he plugged in his guitar and began to make it scream and wail. If the snake had shown discomfort at Suzie's voice, the snake shivered and slithered away in terror at the sound of jimmy's guitar.

"You just can't get the help these days," said David Meowie as he watched his snake henchman disappear down some old piping. "But then, a cat doesn't need help getting rid of vermin, I just don't like doing the dirty side of things," he said as a set of sharp claws extended from his paw.

"Tut, tut, tut," began Jimmy taking out a strange-looking whistle on a chain from his coat. "The humans keep a nasty savage guard dog to keep other humans out of here, all I have to do is blow on this and he comes running, he ain't too fond of fat cats either."

"Well played, Jimmy," said the cat tipping his hat in mock respect to the rat.

"And now we've dispensed with the pleasantries, let's get down to business; I still want you and the Rockin' Rodents to play in my battle of the bands."

"No, I won't let you steal the young'un's music," he said, raising the whistle slowly to his lips.

"What if I gave it back?"

"Gave what back?" asked Ronny, who up to this point had been wondering if The Electric Monkeys was a better band name and was a bit, lost.

"His music," answered Jerry who could see where this was going.

David Meowie removed his hat and with a magician's flourish took a rolled-up piece of paper which he unfurled with a flourish that ended in a snap.

"The rights to everything you recorded Jimmy," the cat said.

"All here for the taking, all you have to do is play the shows, you don't even have to win."

"What's in it for you, fat cat?" Asked Jimmy.

"Alas Jimmy, my old friend! I have recognized the error of my ways. I was wrong to see only the money-making in music, you were right my old friend, it's got to have a soul."

"Do it, Jimmy! What have you got to lose?" Jerry said.

"That's what worries me," said Jimmy.

"It's no mystery, Jimmy; I get to have the concert event of the century, a show to end all shows. That will make you all the brightest burning stars in the darkness of the sewers, and turn me a tidy profit." as he spoke he rolled up the contract and left it on the head of a one-eyed teddy bear. "I will leave this here, for you to look at. You automatically qualify for the competition, although it includes a clause that makes it null and void if you refuse to play the show, and... "He paused dramatically "there's no small print." With that, the cat turned tail and left.

Jimmy picked up the paper and scrutinized it "No small print," he said to no one in particular.

Jerry looked at the rest of the Rockin Rodents plugged in his guitar and said "Come on guys, let's get Rocking!"