Ground Control to Gravity

As the first round of the battle of the bands got ever closer, the band rehearsed harder.

One day at rehearsals, The Ghost appeared. He still had just an acoustic guitar.

"Hi! Sorry about the other night."

"Well, at least no one got hurt, kid," said Jimmy, who was starting to wonder how many other stray rocking animals would turn up on his doorstep.

"I checked what was left of the wiring after the firefighters left. The lighting was set up to start the fire,"

The Ghost explained.

"What? Who would do that?" asked Hammy.

"David Meowie gave me the lighting and suggested I should do an audiovisual extravaganza at Hades," answered The Ghost.

"I knew it! I know we couldn't trust that fat cat." Said Jimmy.

"He wasn't so fat," commented Suzie Squirrel, "Quite thin really,"

"The fat cats control the music business down here in Sewerville" explained Jerry's father patiently.

"So, I figured you might need a lighting and sound guy you can trust," the Ghost said.

"Do you know anybody?" asked Hammy innocently.

"I think he means him, kid," said Jimmy.

"Well it's only fair we used your speakers when you left to break Tina out of the aquarium, what do you think Jimmy? " asked Jerry.

"Sure, it'll be safer and Francis will have more help. Ok kid, but ya got to keep playing on the acoustic when you've got the time and no beeps n' bops, this is a rock band."

"Safer?" said Hammy "Jimmy, Meowie tried to kill us!"

Jimmy looked at Hammy, "Yeah, kid, You're right the truth is that I got so caught up in all this, I mean we played a great show, I'm so doggone proud of all a ya" said Jimmy.

Suddenly, a black car pulled up to Jimmy's shack in the dump, and two mice got out. The first one who was short and round and dressed in a black suit with a white shirt and matching black tie and hat was eating the remains of what smelled to Jerry like roast chicken and the other mouse who was tall and thin and dressed in exactly the same manner as the other was eating what sounded like a dry piece of toast.

"Agent Jake," said the short mouse flipping open a wallet with his identity and a shield which said MAC in big letters.

"Agent Elwood," said the other in a voice that suggested that everything in the world was incredibly serious and not be joked about.

"We're on a mission from MAC" continued the tall serious one.

"What's MAC?" asked Jerry.

"Mice against Cats, we're a special unit of the police, we investigate cat-related crime in the mouse and rat community" answered Agent Jake.

"We have reason to believe that you have had contact with the Fat cat music producer David Meowie," continued Agent Elwood.

"Yeah, he burnt the Hell club down, and almost took us out with it," said Tina.

"Can you prove this?" asked Agent Elwood. Kev showed the wiring to the agents and explained what had happened.

Agent Jake screwed up his face in frustration after hearing the story. "It's not enough to pin anything on him, it'll look too much like an accident in court. We've been following David Meowie closely over the last few months. We suspect foul play on his part."