Chapter 3

Jay's POV:

     I woke up in the same clothes I was in last night with a blanket on top of me. I rubbed my forehead as the hangover immediately started. The smell of bacon entered my room, and I knew Taytum had stayed. She always would, and I'd always feel like a jerk. 

    I forced myself out of bed and walked out of my room. I saw Taytum standing there in my sweatshirt...damn she was hot. A reflex took over as I hit myself over the head. She's your best friend... I told myself.

     "Coffee's on the counter. Advil too", she didn't look up from the pan she was using to cook.

     "Thank you", I said walking up behind her placing a kiss on her cheek. Usually a smile would occupy her face, but this time it didn't. "Ok, so I acted like a dirtbag. I'm sorry."

     "It's not that Jay", she took the pan off the stove as she placed her hands on the counter. She didn't look up at me, but I could hear the pain in her voice. "When were you gonna tell me about your PTSD."

    "Taytum..."

     "No!", she screamed out of nowhere, lifting her head to reveal the tears streaming down her face. "I'm tired of being the "supportive friend". It's time for some tough love. Don't you think I notice the tremors...the way you flinch after someone breaks you out of a "daydream". I'm tired of fake smiling and acting like I believe the lies you tell me! I can't do it anymore!"

     She left me speechless. The way she broke down, but stayed strong at the same time was astonishing. I wanted to apologize and tell her I would get help, but I couldn't...I wouldn't. I wouldn't lie to her...not again. 

     "Taytum, you know I love you. You're my best friend and I won't lie to you anymore. I see that little girl, you know the one I shot and killed after Erin left. I know it was an accident, but I still SEE HER Taytum. Then I see everyone I lost overseas. No shrink...or even you can fix that. I'm broken Taytum and I always will be", I told her the words I told myself everyday. 

     "There are so many people who suffer from PTSD that have gotten better. I never said it would completely leave, we both know it won't. At least you can try, instead of getting your sorry ass drunk and letting everyone else pick up the pieces", Taytum had started changing into last nights clothes in a frenzy.

     "What do you want me to do? You know therapy's not my thing", I tried to calm her and myself down. I know she's being a good friend, but I don't know what she wants me to do. I don't know what I can do.

    "Therapy's not your thing huh? Well maybe you should look for another partner!", she screamed, wiping her forehead after she did. "I'll see you at the District."

     "I picked you up remember? You car isn't here. Come on I'll drive you", I said getting up from my seat at the kitchen island.

     "Shit, I'll can an Uber", she stormed out, slamming my door in the process. 

Taytum's POV:

     I collapsed against the hallway wall. So many tears escaped that I couldn't even see. Was I being a bitch? Should I have been more understanding? Then I remembered Jay needed help. If I had to blow up on him so he'd seek it, then so be it. 

     I got an Uber and went into the bathroom in the lobby as I waited. As I finished wiping the mascara from under my eyes, my phone buzzed with the notification that my Uber was here. 

     As I hoped in I immediately got a bad vibe. Taking Ubers always freaked me out, so I thought I was just paranoid. The middle aged man never said a word as he was driving. Paranoid or not I still texted Jay. Yes, I was mad and wanted to get my point across but that awkward car ride would be better than this one. 

       Taytum: This Uber driver is scaring me. I'm gonna have him pull over can you come pick me up? 

     Jay: Of course where are you?

     "Excuse me sir, can you pull over. I forgot I have an errand to run before heading to my work", I gave a half-smile as I started looking for street signs, to tell Jay where I was. "Sir?"

     "Give me your phone now", the barrel of a gun was pointed directly in-between my eyes, as the man ripped my phone from my hands. "Now put this on", he handed me a black hood and I had no other choice than to be consumed by the darkness. 

Jay's POV:

Jay: Taytum are you okay? Where are you. 

*5 minutes later...no response

Jay: Taytum this isn't funny you're scaring the shit out of me     

     I had knots in my stomach. I could tell from the moment she left that something was wrong. Ignoring my awful hangover, I quickly got dressed and grabbed my badge and gun.

    I was driving so fast, that I'm surprised I made it to the District alive. Taking two steps at a time, I ran upstairs.

    "Adam, have you heard from Taytum at all today?", I frantically asked, ignoring the stares I was receiving from the rest of the team.

     "No, what's wrong? I tried calling her a couple minutes ago, but I got her voicemail", I backed away from his desk, running my hands through my hair. The looks of confusion now turned into looks of concern.

    "She's gone, Adam. She's missing I think."

     "Wait what do you mean you think she's missing? Is she or is she not?", Adam raised his voice, but I know it's not anger towards me. It's the protectiveness over Taytum kicking in...trust me I know the feeling. 

     "She crashed at my place after I got wasted to make sure I was okay. Let's just say I was a jerk, we got into an argument, and she refused to let me drive her home. Taytum took an Uber, but then texted me she was scared and wanted me to pick her up. I asked where and I didn't get a response. She's missing...I can feel it."

     "Pin her phone, now", Voight ordered as Kevin started working. 

     "Jay when did she send you that text?", Kevin asked, the look of worry showing when he looked up from the computer.

     "Around forty-five minutes ago. What's wrong?", my hand started shaking as Taytum's words rang through my head. Don't you think I've noticed the tremors... The image of her standing in front of me crying was burnt into my head, and I know that if we don't find her I'll never forgive myself.

     "Her phone's signal was cut off. The last time it was active is when she sent you that text. We don't have a way to track her."

    I couldn't hold back my anger and my fear. My fist slammed into my desk as everyone looked at me, shocked.

~A/N     

Did I turn my strange fear of Ubers into a storyline? yes..yes I did lol. I hope you guys are enjoying this story so far because there is definitely more to come!