Chapter 9

Taytum's POV:

     The blood drained out of my face, and I could feel myself turning pale. Trudy looked frustrated with me and she wasn't even who I had to go talk to.

    "What's up, Serge?", I asked walking past Intelligence and straight into Voight's office, closing the door behind me.

   "Do you want to explain to me why you are on desk duty, but I come back to you gone? Just because you aren't full duty yet doesn't mean you don't have a job", Voight slammed a file on his desk and stood up.

    "Serge I'm sorry, but I had already looked at traffic cameras and POD footage and there wasn't anything of use. You guys were gone and there wasn't anything for me to do, so I took care of a personal matter. It won't happen again", I swallowed my pride. I wanted to yell and ask what his deal was, but that's not the way to keep my job.

    "Next time be here when you're needed. Are you sure you good to be back at work?"

   "I've been cleared by my doctors. I'm in perfect condition to be on desk duty", you could hear the annoyance in my voice. 

    "I meant mentally. If there's something going on I need to know", Voight's tone changed from anger to concern.

    "I'm fine, so if that's all I'm gonna get back to work now", this time I didn't even try to hide my attitude.

    "That's all", he said before I walked out of his office and plopped into my chair.

    "All good?", Jay squatted so he was eye level with me.

    "Yeah, but I could use a night of binge watching Teen Wolf  with my bestie. You wanna come over tonight?"

    "I'll bring a six pack", Jay winked as he headed back to his desk.

    "Guys I may have something on our car jackers", Adam said as he put several pictures on the board. "All victims are registered gang members with the Latin Kings. These could definitely be retaliation hits."

     "Ok, but what gang is retaliating?", I asked as I sat on my desk, arms crossed.

     "That's what we need to find out. Hit the streets and talk to CI's. Someone's gonna know who's involved in this gang war", everyone headed out of the bullpen and once again I was left in boredom. 

    The team was out working the case for the remainder of the day. I did what I could to help, but there's not much you can do when you're not in the field. When the day was finally over, I couldn't wait to get out of there.

    I went back to my place, showered, and changed into my sweats when I heard a knock on the door. When I opened it I saw Jay standing there with Chinese food and a six pack. "Special delivery", he said with a goofy grin on his face.    

    "I'm starving", I said taking the food from his as he laughed. "Thanks for coming over. I just needed a normal night for once."

     "Of course. Now turn on our show", Jay said as he plopped down next to me on the couch. "What season are we on again?"

     "Season 3b. My favorite", I turned on Teen Wolf while I shot him a smile.

     "Only because of Void Stiles. Not gonna lie your obsession with him is a little weird", Jay laughed as I pretended to be offended.

     "Your just jealous."

     "Sure", Jay said sarcastically. 

Jay's POV:

     It was nice to hang out with Taytum. Our lives haven't had a hint of normalcy in so long, and something as small as eating Chinese food and binge-watching TV was so refreshing. Even though she tried to hide it something was off with her, so I turned the TV off.

    "Hey, what was that for?", Taytum said not hiding the annoyance in her voice.

     "Tell me why you actually invited me over. Something's bothering you I can tell", as soon as I said it the blood drained from her face. She turned pale as a ghost as she stared down at the floor.

    "Remember when Voight called me into his office after I wasn't there when you guys got back from the car jacking scene?"

    "Yeah...why?", I furrowed my brow, awaiting her response.

    "I went to see Kelly, because I needed his advice about something", she took a deep breath before she continued. "I haven't been sleeping recently. Every time I try I see Reid. He almost killed me twice and even though he's behind bars I still can't shake this fear. I didn't want to tell you because you've been doing so good with your PTSD counseling and I didn't want to jeopardize that."

    Wow. I wasn't expecting that. My emotions are everywhere, but this isn't about me. Taytum doesn't need the overprotective Jay who freaks out when she's hurting, she needs the supportive Jay who's there for her through anything. 

     "Come here", I wiped a tear off her face as I pulled her into a hug. "We'll get through this together. If you want you can start coming to counseling with me. It's better if you're not alone trust me."

     "You'd do that for me?", she looked up at me with those beautiful eyes of hers that were still glossy with tears.

     "Of course. I'd do anything for you."

     "Can you stay the night...just for tonight. Maybe I'll actually be able to sleep if you're here", she gave me that puppy dog look that I could never resit.

    "I told you I'd do anything for you remember?", she laughed as she laid in my lap. 

     I was going to turn back on our show, but it didn't take long for her to fall asleep. She's been through a lot, and I can tell she's exhausted. Instead of waking Taytum up I decided to let her sleep. I pulled the blanket over her as I gently stroked her hair, not wanting to wake her. It didn't take long until I drifted off to sleep too.

~A/N

     I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I want to thank everyone who has been reading, voting, and commenting, it means a lot!! Also peep the Teen Wolf references in this chapter lol, it's another one of my favorite shows.