𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆 ━━━ we only go backwards

CHAPTER FIVE
❛ we only go backwards ❜
( episode six, season one )

彡 CHAPTER FIVE❛ we only go backwards ❜ ( episode six, season one )

"Pietro, go to your room."

Pietro looked at a pissed off Ellie with raised eyebrows and said jokingly. "Well, I don't have a room, little Ellie." he laughed.

Yellow mist formed in Ellie's hands as her eyes turned yellow too. "Pietro, go pick a fucking room and stay there."

Pietro's face fell for a second before he chuckled again and went up the stairs. Once Ellie heard a door open and close, she turned to the other three people in the room and her eyes narrowed when she looked at Wanda and Reggie.

"Care to explain this shit?"

"Ellie, you have to understand-" Wanda started, tears shining in her eyes.

"Understand what, Wanda? That you knew Reggie the second you saw him? That this fucking town is weird? That Tommy and Billy were babies this morning and now they're ten years old?" Ellie seethed as she walked closer to Wanda. "I mean, is this place even real, Wanda?"

When Wanda didn't say anything, Ellie raised a hand and with the help of her powers, the adoption papers flew into her hands. "Is this even real, Wanda?" she asked as she took the papers and ripped them apart.

Wanda gasped as she tried to catch the papers. "No, no, no..." she trailed off as she tried to gather the pieces, to put them back together.

"I'm so tired, Wanda. I'm so tired of being lied to. Everything is a lie, Wanda. This life is a lie, this family is a lie, everything is a lie." Ellie muttered tiredly.

"Ellie-" Reggie started.

"No," she pointed a finger at him, her expression full of anger and disappointment. "You could've told me, you could have let me understand. But you didn't, and I'm so disappointed in myself that I let myself think that we could be friends."

Vision seemed in deep thought and he never tried to interrupt Ellie while Wanda was in tears, the adoption papers still in her hands. Reggie was slumped, staring at his hands.

Ellie gave a humorless chuckle. "You know, I think I might just move in with Agnes."

Everyone's head shot up at that, looking at her with wide eyes. "What? No, no you can't Ellie. We're-" Vision rambled.

"We're not a family, Vision." Ellie shook her head. "I'm just a poor orphan who you adopted - if that's even true. So don't pretend like we're a family when you've known me for a couple of days."