Chapter 4

So, the date with Derek didn't go so well.

Actually, the date didn't happen at all. He blew me off, again, for god knows what. I stormed back into the house and came face to face with Jane & Mark having another screaming match and the smell of alcohol everywhere.

"Hi, I'm home." I mumble as I make my way past the kitchen where Jane and Mark were arguing. "Yeah, my day was great, thanks for asking. Julie sang with 3 cute ghosts." I head up the stairs. "I got ditched by my boyfriend again, if you were wondering." I sighed as I closed my bedroom door. "Of course you don't."

I grabbed my acoustic guitar and sat at my bay window. I opened the window to let the cool breeze come in. I sighed and looked at my acoustic. "Nothing a little music can't fix."

---------------

3rd POV~

The boys were walking down the street after another night of exploring. The 3 of them were laughing and joking around till something caught Luke's attention.

"Guys, guys." Alex and Reggie went quite and looked at Luke.

"What's up?" Alex asks.

They all hear a riff on an acoustic guitar. They look to the house in front of them. They look up to see a familiar girl siting at her bay window with the window open and an acoustic guitar in her hand.

"Is that-"

"Mya." Luke cut Reggie off.

Mya was playing the guitar riff at the beginning with so much passion. So much emotion. Her eyes were closed, just letting her emotions take control. It was...

"Wow" Luke whispers.

She then begins to sing. "I guess I have to face That in the awful place, I shouldn't show a trace of doubt." A door could be heard slamming downstairs.

"But pulled against the grain, I feel a little pain That I would rather do without." The boys look to the living room seeing Mya's parents arguing and yelling.

They looked back at her, feeling bad. Luke most of all. "I'd rather be... Free-ee-ee, Free-ee-ee, Free...
I'd rather by Free-ee-ee, Free-ee-ee, Free...
Free-ee-ee, Free-ee-ee.
Free..."

A tear rolled down her cheek. "From here..." She wiped the tear from her eye and left the bay window.

Luke was about to poof into her room, but Alex quickly poofed the 3 of them back into the studio. Luke looked to Alex wide eyed. "Why'd you do that?" He asked.

"Dude, I don't think walking in on her personal problems would have been the smartest idea." Alex told him. "She'll talk to us when she wants to."

Luke just sighs and plops on his coach. All he wants to do is make her feel happy.

---------------

Mya's POV~