Chapter 5

"You know, an apology song isn't gonna work

"You know, an apology song isn't gonna work." I say from my spot on the couch. I was in the studio with the boys working on my song. They were gonna try and sing 'We're sorry' to Julie.

I know they think that's gonna work, but it's not. I've know Julie for a while and one thing I've learned is that you have to earn her forgiveness.

"Look, we got this Doll face." I sigh as Luke plops down next to me. "I just hope you know how lucky you are for us to write your bands name on that playlist."

"I am Luke. They guys are freaking out. We usually only preform for the school or on our shows at Justin's place. So yes, we are extremely grateful." I go back to writing my song but Luke takes my song book from me.

"Can you not? Why do you always do this?" I chuckle.

"I just want to see what you wrote." He reads over a few lyrics. "This is really heartfelt. I'm guessing things arnt going so well with the boyfriend?" He hands me back my song book.

"Not really. I'm really questioning my relationship with him." I sigh and straiten my glasses. "Okay, I let you see my song book, now you have to show me yours."

"Okay, fine." He hands his book to me.

I look through a few songs, but stop on one in particular. I read through some of the lyrics, them really pulling at the heart stings. "Unsaid Emily?" I look up to Luke. "I'm guessing she's someone important?"

He looks down and sighs. "Yeah. She was..." He stops mid-sentence.

I lightly grab him by the chin so he can look at me. "You know you can tell me anything, Luke." I can see a light blush graze his cheeks.

"Fine, but then you have to talk to me about what's going on with you."

My eyes widen. "What are you talking about?"

"We heard you singing the other night." He admits. "You were singing that song about being free. Wanting to escape. I feel for you. I just want you to talk to me."

I slowly nod. "Okay, I'll tell. But you have to tell me about Emily first."

"Deal." He hesitates, but soon talks to me. "Emily was my mom. Before I died, I left on bad terms with my folks. Especially my mom. They never wanted me in a band, but-"

"But music was your passion. Your life." I look up at him and he smiles.

"Exactly." We looked to eachother and smiled. For some reason, I felt something with Luke that I never felt with Derek. Like we were connected in a way.

"Luke, she's coming." Reggie broke us out our trace. I smiled as Luke went over to the others, getting in position.

They did there little sorry song as Julie came to the door. "In case you missed it, we're really sorry." Reggie breathed.