Chapter 3

"What are we gonna do about this Flynn thing?" School was finally over and Julie and I were walking to the studio after dropping our stuff off in the house.

"I don't know, Jules. She hasn't text me back yet. What about you?" I ask.

"No. Well, she sent a poop emoji, but I don't think that's really an answer."

"I mean-" Before I could answer, we heard low music coming from the studio. We both walked in and saw Reggie and Luke playing their instruments. "Yo!" I say, getting their attention. They stop playing and turn to us.

"You aren't supposed to be out here playing alone." Julie tells them.

"But we're not alone 'cause we always have eachother." Reggie tells us as Luke wraps his arm around him.

"Ugh." Julie rolls her eyes and unplugs Reggie's bass.

Luke jumps up and takes off his guitar. "But-but we had the volume level one." I roll my eyes and walk over to the other amp, Luke following me. 

"But we rocked it on level ten. You want us to play it again?" I turn and unplugged Luke's guitar, folding my arms with the plug in my hand as I turn back to them.

Luke leans to Reggie, still looking at us. "I don't think they do."

"Yeah." I drop the cord to the ground.

"We've actually been waiting for you to get home." Luke tells us. "Ok, so we have some pretty major news to tell you. We had a band meeting earlier, and..." Reggie makes a drum roll. "we wanna invite you to join Sunset Curve. And no, you're not dreaming." Luke smiles to Julie, then looks at me.

"We were gonna ask you, but you were already in a band."

"Ouch." I joke.

I look to Julie and see that she has a face of slight disinterest. "Oh." She says.

Luke and Reggie's smiles disappear. "Oh, uh... Oh, she said, "Oh." Um..." Luke chuckles. "That's what you say when you get socks on your birthday, not when invited to join the most epic band ever."

I raise my eyebrows and fix my glasses. 'Wow. Egotistical much' (I'M JOKING! This is a joke)

"Sorry." Julie sighs. "I'm honored, but I can't think about anything but Flynn right now. She's still mad at me for lying. She hasn't even texted us back."

"Yeah, you guys are in a tough spot." Luke says. "So, you wanna join the band?"

I give a displeased look. "Dude!"

"Read the room, dude." Julie heads for the door while I go to stand by Reggie.

"Oh come on! We need you, and you need us because you need music." Luke tells her. "We found this poem that you wrote," My eyes widen and I turn my head to Luke. "and Reggie and I, we added this really cool melody to it. It sounds awesome." He pulls out a piece of paper.

Julie turns around to face Luke, and may I say, she looked slightly pissed. "Where'd you find that?"

Luke pulls Reggie in front off him to avoid Julie's rath. "Uh... definitely not your dream box."

"Luke!"

"You went through my stuff?!" Julie marches forward to Luke and he runs around the piano.

"Yeah, we can do that now!" Reggie tells us.

"No! No, you cant! Boundaries! Give it back!"

"No!" Luke jumps ontop of the piano stool.  "Hey, you need to realize how insanely talented you are. Ok? Listen to this. 'If somebody hurts you-'" Julie goes to take the paper, but Luke pulls it back. "'If somebody hurts you, I'm gonna get hurt too.'"