Chapter 9

I finally had the studio to myself this morning so, of course, I was blasting my music while I got ready for school

"Yeah, we're just young, dumb, and broke, but we still got love to give" I sang along as I tied the laces to my converse.

"Yadadadadadadada
Young dumb broke high school kids
"

"Knock Knock." I looked up from my shoe to see Ray at the studio door. "You're up early." He smiled.

I turned down my music. "Yeah. I wanted to go ahead to school. I already ate if that's what you we're wondering."

"No, no. I figured as much. I actually came to ask for your help with something." He rubbed that back of his neck.

I quirked an eyebrow. "You need my help with something? I mean, go for it. I might not be as much help, Ray, but-"

"Actually, I think you might be a great help. It's about Julie and her band."

I slightly tensed from the mention of the band. Its sad how the slightest mention of them will make me think about Luke. I have issues. "Okay. What about Julie and her band?"

"Well, I know I probably messed up her chance to talk to that lady the other night-"

"Understatement of the week." I looked up and Ray was giving me a look. I awkwardly chuckled. "Sorry, continue."

"Anyway, I know that your band is doing quite well. I was wondering if you could help me fix things with Julie. You know, help get her recognized and what not."

Picking up my backpack, I walked over to Ray with a bright smile. "Well, first off I would like to say that you're a really sweat dad for wanting to do this. And secondly, if you really want her to get recognized, do what I do."

"And that would be..."

I chuckled. "Have a concert for her. Right here at the studio. You can let her invite who she wants, I can decorate the studio all amazing, then you or Flynn can record it and post it on YouTube."

"You think that'll work?"

I smirked. "I know it'll work. Take my band for instance. When we first started out, we had a few fans. But, once we had our first concert at Justin's place and posted our performance on YouTube, it was like we were famous. You know, as famous as a bunch of High school Seniors can be."

We both laugh. "But seriously, Ray, trust me on this. Call Flynn and get her to help as well. When I come back after school, I'll help decorate to make the studio look awesome."

"Thanks, Mya."

"Anytime. Oh, and when Julie wakes up, tell her I already headed to school."

"Will do." I put my backpack on and headed to school.

---------------

I sighed as I looked down at last nights text conversation between Mark and I.

Mark:
Hey, just checking up on you
Making sure you're okay at Julie's and what not