➤ xingqiu

wholesome !!

xingqius' pecks were wholesome, warm as the sun, short as a poem and cute like a bunny; sunrises rose again, the ethereal color palette gazing over you and voila, another peck on the cheek; his dark blue hair slightly hovering your face.

and another sunset dawned peacefully, his book clutched in his hand as he sends you another peck on the forehead, so gentle yet filled with love he thinks. the way he wanted to smother you in pecks until he falls asleep, wake up and do the same thing all over again.

but this time lanterns flew and fell, kids ran and gathered materials, people feathered their clothes as they open stands; crowds hastily preparing for the all time awaited event.

but xingqiu didn't mind, he was focused on you; tongue peeking past your lips while you wrote down your wishes on the bright lantern, the squeaky noise of the marker aching his ears; followed be your gentle chuckle.

"cmon let's light it up" you mutter, pulling him towards the edge; gently lighting the flame inside it, pecking it first before letting it go— joining other lanterns, breathtaking views covered the sky; your heart beaming with glee.

but xingqiu paid no mine, eyes only scattered on your lips; the way it moved and the way it pouted when you watched it fly away "xingqiu how about your lantern—" and as if time stopped, he gave you a tiny peck on the lips; crowds and kids suddenly moving in slow motion, lanterns gently stopping in the sky.

his focus was on you, slowly breaking the peck he smiled; again the lights picturing you so enticingly "about my wish" he starts, mentally picturing your face covered with blush "why would i tell you that" xingqiu retorts, earning a small smack on the shoulder from him.

"that's unfair" "you didn't tell me yours"

you huffed, leaning on the railing as you come up with a plan "let's stay our wishes on the count of three hm?" you raise an eyebrow, knowing full well that you won't say it outloud; only doing this to hear it from him "yeah sure" he responds, clearing his throat "one... two..." he snickers, insides fuming with warmth at your reactions, so excited.

"three!" you gently yell and yet nothing came from his mouth; a laugh leaving his throat "that's unfair!" you gasp at the trick he was doin "also to you!" he gasps back, not minding if people beside you glared at the way you both acted.

"still." you mumble, eyes glancing at his lips every so often. xingqiu stayed still, he didn't have a wish nor did he make a lantern; but if he were to choose, he would wish to stay by your side till you both grow and part ways.

he pecks your lips again, finalizing his wish before whispering them gently "my wish was to be your lover till we grow" xingqiu smiles, kissing you once more but this time deeper and deeper; small muffled noises coming from you.

elders shaking their head at the sight of you two "young love hm?" the grandma says, checking out the stalls while her husband watches the sky "we used to be like that" he mumbles, recalling memories of the past "we still are" was her only response.

xingqiu smiled, knowing that you'd accept him for who he was, no matter what status and appearance; he holds you tightly in his arms, breaking the kiss before kissing your cheeks.

he loved you so much— showering you with his kisses he knew was wholesome.