- 𝟎𝟐

༻ CHAPTER 02 ༺" you never get off this train, ever

CHAPTER 02
" you never get off this train, ever. "

     FIVE DAYS LATER, atlantis had proved her thoughts to be correct once more. finnick, the boy of 14, was a strong competitor. with parents or not, he was strong in the arena. when she'd been watching him on the tv, finnick knew his way around, already killing many people to get himself out of any tough situation. it was clear he'd been training regardless, and that had come useful to him.

     not to mention, the capitol people adored him. he was already making it out like a celebrity out there - receiving many sponsors. as atlantis saw him collect another parachute, it seemed rather large.

     as the boy carefully opened the case, the camera panned to reveal a trident. atlantis' eyes widened slightly as she was weaving one of her hooks at the table. the broadcast then showed finnick's odds, where he'd been 5-1. an amazingly high odds. he had a clear shot at winning.

     now that he'd been given a trident, something some fishers of district 4 were very skillful at using, he'd have even better chances than he did beforehand. atlantis had noticed that finnick was very intelligent too, he'd used traps against his enemies and killed them off when he caught them.

     even caesar flickerman, the capitol's beloved persona could not hold back one of his quick-witted comments, "now would you look at that! finnick odair, quite literally going fishing in the arena! living up to the district's industry, you have just got to love that."

     atlantis couldn't help but give a slight shake of her head with a snort, looking down at her hands as she'd slowly begin to run out of material. whatever she bought yesterday was not enough.

     cursing herself quietly, the girl slipped her shoes on and brushed through her hair with a wooden comb she'd managed to grab from the square one time. some kind old woman let her have it for a lower price, pity being quite clear in her eyes. atlantis, however, did not feel bitter for the help. it was more people her age that tried to help that were irritable. many people she knew had an alright life going for themselves, while she didn't.

     the streets seemed to be slightly less active. ever since the district 4 boy had been getting closer to victory, many civilians had gathered to watch the games on the big screen that had been left outside of the justice building.

     atlantis could even see some of her classmates gathering around and chatting amongst each other, hoping to have another winner to honor their district. many people were happy when their district won- not simply because the person that had been last standing came out alive but because it meant that the whole district would be rewarded.