- 𝟐𝟎

༻ CHAPTER 20 ༺" if i was waiting, i was waitingfor just one little spark

CHAPTER 20
" if i was waiting, i was waiting
for just one little spark."

     ATLANTIS LOOKED AROUND, her eyes scanning the tributes. this year's competitors felt like a mix of young and older, fierce and timid. however, one thing that the girl did know was that they were all fighting for their lives in the end. some of them seemed completely unhappy with being at the hunger games while others were relishing in the whole thing. a part of that disturbed her.

     once the horses entered a tunnel that most likely led them into the tribute center, she saw evelynn and neptune approach. however, there was one person lacking. finnick was absent. nowhere to be seen, most likely tucked away within the crowd of capitol people. had he gone to speak to some of his mutuals? he definitely knew his way around the place, so it'd come as no surprise.

     merlin hopped off from the chariot, turning around to offer her a hand. hesitantly, she took it giving him a small murmur of 'thanks', her attention directing itself onto their escort, as well as neptune and mags.

     "both of you were great. the crowd loved you." evelynn praised, "we should hurry over to the penthouse, dinner is going to start and it's best to get you two settled."

     when neptune noticed atlantis not acknowledge anything that the escort was saying, he seemed to want to catch her attention by placing his hand on her shoulder, "evelynn is right, come on let's go."

     "alright, i'm starving." merlin nodded, quite eager to get himself out of his attire.

     atlantis knew from this that clearly finnick would join them later, as they did not plan to wait for him so she did not protest. mags just offered her a hand, as if telling her to come. all the other mentors were here, except him.

     the two tributes had been led over to an elevator once more, however this time, it shot upwards. atlantis had found out that the strange sensation of the elevator going up made her feel somewhat afraid. like she was being thrown into the air. a feeling she couldn't really describe. automatically, her hand gripped the support on the side, trying to not let herself topple over.

     evelynn grinned as the door opened, absolutely thrilled to be back in the company of luxury again, "we're only four floors up, every district has its own floor. the roof is accessible to anyone though, just make sure not to dangle off the side. there's a force field."

     the place they would be staying at was absolutely beautiful. modern furniture plastered throughout the room with expensive decorations and wide tables with a massive tv which would broadcast the programs that merlin and atlantis would appear on throughout the next couple of weeks.