- 𝟎𝟑

༻ CHAPTER 03 ༺" when we see something sweet,well, we better grab it

CHAPTER 03
" when we see something sweet,
well, we better grab it. "

     A WEEK HAD passed. many of the people in district 4 rejoiced at the current winner for bringing them such good gifts. food, materials, and whatever else the capitol had the privilege of giving them.

     despite that, atlantis was still forced to work for her meals. the one positive that came out of this is that food had begun to sell for cheaper, meaning atlantis could finally save her money for materials. another thing being was that the fish who were usually afraid of the shoreline had gotten accustomed to the absence of some fishers, daring to urge closer. thanks to the 'generosity' of the capitol.

     for her, this was a perfect opportunity to try something new. atlantis had a trusty spear left in the home that belonged to her late father. he was amazing at spearfishing. back then, there was always something on the table when the time came to eat. the girl only wished to be like him.

     so the time had come to step out of her comfort zone. that day, atlantis had slipped on a pair of old shorts she had as a little girl and an old shirt. if they got wet, she could make do. atlantis placed the tool on her back and strode out of her home and towards the beach.

     thankfully, the beach didn't seem to be all that far away from her home. she'd managed to get there in no time, surveying the horizon and scanning the water for any fish. there was just one thing.

     atlantis didn't know how to swim.

     as embarrassing as that was for a resident of a fishing district, the girl had never been taught something so simple. her father had left her early, not to mention her mother. she dared to think of wading into the water even so slightly. maybe just stay so the water was below her thigh.

     in the end, that had been what she decided to do. stay above the water with her upper body no matter what. atlantis would have no chance against the waves if they were to push her further out, and that was not a risk she was willing to take.

     even then it was still hard to catch anything. the fish were small and quick. spearfishing took a lot of patience and reflex. something that she was more than an amateur in. she'd only wished that she knew how to get better at it. if her father had been there to teach her perhaps things would've been simpler.

     at a distance, another pair of feet had dug themselves into the bristling sand. as the water scratched at atlantis' side and worsened her hearing, she could not see the mysterious figure standing from afar and observing her.

     finnick odair had finished his victory tour, for some reason president snow had demanded it be done earlier this year. it was unknown to the boy what the man had in mind, but he couldn't help but wonder it was nothing good for some reason.