- 𝟐𝟔

༻ CHAPTER 26 ༺" we both drowned under thewaves of words

CHAPTER 26
" we both drowned under the
waves of words. "

     WHILE ATLANTIS FOUND the view above her sensational, finnick had found something better. his eyes landed on her with a pained look, not wanting to let her go. he didn't want her to die in the arena, she was one of the only people who really liked him, after all.

     soon, the brunette's eyes had begun to grow heavy. she found herself yawning several times until eventually, she'd dozed off with her head leaning on finnick's shoulder.

     the blonde shook his head, chuckling quietly before lifting her into his arms to take her downstairs and into her assigned room. he'd gently placed her down, pulling the covers over her after taking her shoes off. before leaving, his hand gave her a comforting squeeze as he gazed down at her sleeping figure longingly.

     he'd definitely miss her, without a doubt. whether she was going to make it out alive or not - besides, it was his mission only to get the girl back home.

     quietly, finnick slipped out the room, gently closing the door behind him. in the living room, evelynn was still hanging about, while luckily the others had gone to sleep to get their rest. tomorrow was also going to be a day full of hard work. the interviews. his head was already filled with what he could tell atlantis to do in order to make herself seem more excitable to the capitol audience.

     "that girl has to take care of herself more." the escort commented, sighing, "she's going to develop bags under those eyes sooner than later! neptune will have something to say."

     the blonde suppressed a laugh, "i'm going to clean off. goodnight, evelynn." he gave a single wave before entering his own room to settle in for the night.

     in the morning, atlantis wasn't greeted with a welcoming good morning when evelynn burst into her room, rousing her from her beauty sleep. there were so many things to do.

     the escort's hands slapped to her sides, letting out a sharp breath as she fixed her violet dress, "you ought to take care of yourself more! finnick had to carry you down to your room last night because you fell asleep up there."

     a sudden embarrassment filled the brunette as she rubbed the sleep away from her eyes, getting ready to walk over to the wardrobe and pick something suitable out for the day, "alright, alright. i'll go thank him later."

     she nodded, "i already picked something out for you, although you might not be in it for long. it's the interviews. finnick will explain, once you get ready and over to the lounge."

     "i'm going." atlantis declared, rolling her eyes and taking the pile of clothes with her into the beautiful bathroom.

      all within time, the girl managed to get herself prepared, scrubbing off any dirt from her body and face in the hot water that the showers provided using the beautifully fragranced shampoo. after getting dressed, atlantis walked out with a small saddened sigh escaping her lips. every day, the games got closer and her fear increased.