Ch.5 Watch Me

■Y/N's POV■

Today is the game between Nekoma and Karasuno, the long-awaited fight between the cats and the crows. I'm standing at the front row of the bleachers along with Mami, Alisa, and Akane. There I saw as the players from two teams line up and about to start the game.

The game is very interesting, they're like tight to each other. Karasuno is really strong but I know Nekoma's players are also strong, and I believe in Yaku san. 

At the last minute, the ball falls into Nekoma's court

At the last minute, the ball falls into Nekoma's court. It feels like I stop breathing for a second. I watch as the Nekoma players watch as the ball rolls on the court. The Karasuno players and supporters are cheering. I brought my hands to my face, trying to hold my tears but to no avail.

I watch as everyone seems like having the time to accept that they've lost. I look at Yaku san who tries to hold his sadness. Then I see Kuro san approaches Karasuno's captain and hugs him. The two teams play amazingly, everyone is clapping, I too clap my hands. 

Then I walk out of the gym with Mami, we walk back home together. The players all go back with the school bus. Mami and I stop by a cafe near the station.

Mami: stop crying... you should cheer him up if you see him later.

Y/N: you're right... ( sobs)

Mami: my cry baby....

After hanging out for a while, we go to our separate way as I take the train home. I walk out of the station and going to my neighborhood. I can't help but think about Yaku san and the rest of the volleyball members.

Unconsciously I wasn't walking to my house. A familiar voice woke me up from my own thought.

Yaku: L/N? Why are you here?

I saw Yaku san standing in front of me. I look to the side and see Yaku san's house. I might unconsciously walk here.

Y/N: I uh... I'm sorry... I just, I don't

Yaku san chuckles, and I look up at him. He looks, fine. Is he alright?

Yaku: come one in, you're here anyway.

I walk inside the house with Yaku san. I really want to cheer him up.

■3rd Person POV■

Y/N is sitting in Yaku's room when he walks in with two glasses of juices. Yaku place the juice on the table and then lay on the rugs next to Y/N.

Yaku: I'm beat... today was intense

Y/N: Yaku san... you're doing your best... everyone did

Yaku: I know... I'm happy that I could play like that with Kuro and Kai as Nekoma's volleyball members for the last time.

Yaku is staring at the ceiling, he smiles and his face looks content. Y/N watches and listens as Yaku speaks.

Yaku: I hope I could play more with them... I hope you could cheer me on from the bleachers more too... thank you for coming to L-..

Yaku was startled when he looks at Y/N. Her face is brimming with tears, staring at him.

Yaku: L/N! Are you alright?

Y/N hurriedly covers her face with her arms and wipes her tears away, but they keep on coming.

Y/N: I'm sorry Yaku san... I want to cheer you up... but... I'm crying instead... I don't know why... I too... want to keep on cheering for you.... I'm so sorry I cry easily when I'm with you...

Yaku watches as the girl in front of him, cries for him. He smiles bitterly and then takes a deep breath. Yaku takes Y/N's arms off her face and replaces them with his hands.

Y/N was startled when she feels Yaku's calloused hands, gently cups her cheeks, wiping her tears away. Y/N looks up only to meet eyes with Yaku's tender eyes.

Yaku: thank you for crying in my place...

■Yaku's POV■

L/N staring straight at me as I hold her face in my hands. I'm actually really sad because we lost, but I'm content with today's game. Seeing L/N cries for me, making my chest a bit more lighter.

I really like her don't I, just the sight of her makes me excited and happy. I pull my hands away from her face and take some tissues to wipe the trail of tears from her cheeks.

Yaku: maybe... today is my last day playing in a game as Nekoma's libero... but

I give her my best smile and take one of her hands and hold it.

Yaku: I will keep playing volleyball... so.. please

I want you to see me

Yaku: watch me... keep cheering for me even if I'm no longer Nekoma's libero

I want her to be there if I lost or win

L/N lifts her other hand and puts it on the back of my hand as now my hand is between her hands.

Y/N: I will... I want to watch as you shine on the court Yaku san...

She looks at me with a gentle smile, how that smile could make me forget my sadness in a blink of an eye. We stare at each other's eyes and I'm not sure, but I think I'm leaning closer.

I swallow the nothingness in my throat and lean even closer. L/N face turns red and she averts her gaze lower. Does she, have the same feeling as me?

Just when our faces are only an inch from each other.

BAAAM

I throw my body back and rolled back, as L/N suddenly sits straight ups.

Yaku's mom: Morisuke, I bought the ingredients to makes vegetables stir fry to che- oh my

Y/N: uh... good afternoon Mrs. Yaku... sorry for stopping by without notice...

Mom looks at me and then at L/N and back at me again. She suddenly smiles and chuckles

Yaku's mom: oh dear... did I interrupted you guys agai-

Yaku: MOM!

Yaku's mom: hehehe, youngster... well Y/N chan, have dinner with us, will you? I bought the ingredients enough for everyone... I'll call you when it's done...

Mom turns on her heel and about to close the door when her head pops up behind the door again.

Yaku's mom: have fun... but not too much fun okay!

Yaku: MOM! GOSH...

I look back at the now super red L/N, my blood is gathering on my face because I feel it's getting warmer.

Yaku: I'm sorry... my mother is kind of... yeah

Y/N: umm... it's alright Yaku san...

Our eyes met, but then we laugh together. She can really cheer me up just by being around me. She stays for dinner and after that, I walk her home.

I want her to be around

To watch me play in the future

To be there when I lost

To be there when I won

Overall, I just really really want her