Ch.7 Isn't a Goodbye

■3rd Person POV■

Today's the third year's graduation day. Y/N and Yaku have been together for three months. Just like how Mami predict, the boys from Y/N's class are in havoc when they found out their sweet classmate is having a boyfriend. And the boy is the short, handsome, monster libero of the Nekoma volleyball team.

The first month, whenever Yaku came or passed Y/N's class, he could feel that there are a lot of people who are sending daggers at him. But instead of feeling intimidated, Yaku feels prideful that he could get the girl that all of those taller boys want.

Right now Yaku is troubled by something. He's crouching down, griping his locks with his fingers, even Kenma thinks he'll get bald from it.

Kuro: tell her Yakkun

Yaku: how could I?

Lev: I don't think L/N san will get mad or anything..

Kai: she'll definitely understand.

These days, Yaku has been keeping something in his mind. A few weeks ago, he was called that he got an offer to play volleyball in Russia for a team called Cheglee Ekaterinburg.

Yaku was so happy when he got the news, but then he remembers that he will have to be apart from Y/N if he took the offers. Whether his friends had been telling him to tell her, he's afraid that he might lose her.

Kuro: there... this is your change Yakkun, talk to her on your way back.

Yaku looks to the side and sees Y/N and Mami are walking their way. Y/N smiles sweetly at him, how he doesn't want that smile to be aimed at any other guy.

Y/N: are you guys going somewhere?

Y/N greets the member of the volleyball team. And then Kuro steps in and pushes Yaku to her.

Kuro: nope... actually Yakkun wants to talk to you...

Yaku looks at Kuro who gives him a smirk.

Y/N: uh... what do you want to talk about Morisuke?

Yaku: Y/N uh... let's go home I'll tell you later.

Y/N nods, and with that the two walk home together. Yaku looks back glaring at his former teammates, while they just lift their fists high.

■Y/N's POV■

What is it that Morisuke wants to talk about? The past few weeks, I've been sensing that Morisuke is troubled by something. Whenever we're together, he seems troubled. Did I do something wrong, did I make him uncomfortable. Is the thing that he wants to talk about is related to what has been troubling him?

I was sitting on Yaku's bed, waiting for him to get us drinks. I can't help but be nervous about what would he talk about. Are we going to end? My heart clenches, just then the door opens and Morisuke walks in. He set the tray on the table, and I move to sit on the rug, closer to the table.

Yaku: here you go...

Y/N: uh... oh thank you Morisuke...

I think my voice came out quietly, Morisuke stares at me.

Yaku: Y/N is something wrong? Why are you look down all of a sudden? Are you sick?

Morisuke place the back of his hand on my forehead, I could see that he looks worried. I feel sad all of a sudden.

Y/N: Morisuke.... did I do something wrong....

Yaku: huh? What? Where is this came from?

Morisuke tilts his head to the side and pries into my eyes. I feel like my eyes are getting warm, the sight of Morisuke's gentle face makes me want to cry.

Yaku: whoa! Y/N what is it? Are you oka-

Y/N: Morisuke... you... seems distant the past few weeks... it feels like... you're troubled when you're around me... if I did anything that makes you uncomfortable... I'm sor-

I was suddenly being pulled into Morisuke's arms. Morisuke buries his face at the crook of my neck. His arms are circling around me tightly.

Yaku: I'm sorry I made you feel that way..  you did nothing wrong at all...

Morisuke pulls back a little and he looks down at his knees. Hands still resting on my shoulders. I look at his face, he's definitely troubled by it.

Y/N: Morisuke?

Yaku: I got a call.... from a representative of a team called Cheglee Ekaterinburg of Russia... they... invited me to play in there...

I feel a tug in my heart, Morisuke was invited to play in Russia? So are we going to part?

Yaku: I... I'm afraid if I tell you, you will break up with me... I really want to take up on the offer, but I'm scared that you're going to leave me... what if when I'm away... another guy came and Snatches you away from me....

I was startled, so what's been bothering him is that? I look at Morisuke as he's definitely troubled. My chest feels tight, imagining that he would be very far from me. How we would be apart, but, I want Morisuke to shine on the court where he wants to be.

I rarely took the initiative to be affectionate to him, because I'm too shy to do it. But today, I want to show him that I cared about him and I'm supporting whatever it is he wants to do.

I place both hands on Morisuke's cheeks, and he looks at me. I lean closer and kiss him on the lips. Of our three months of being together, this is the first time I took the initiative. Morisuke always is the one to kiss me.

When I pull back I see how Morisuke's face looks surprised, his face is red and his eyes widened. I'm embarrassed but, it's not the time to be. I smile at him and place my hands on the top of his.

Y/N: you should go Morisuke... I... want to see you shine on the court...

Yes, I want him to shine, I want Morisuke to be happy.

■Yaku's POV■

She smiles ever so sweetly at me. The hand that covered my hands are so soft, I love holding onto her hands. Will we be alright?

Yaku: if I take on the offer... I might have to live there for a long time... I won't be visiting that often either... I

Y/N: I'll be waiting for you Morisuke...

I was stunned by what she said. I look into her eyes but there's no doubt, she said all that confidently, certainly. What did I do to deserve her?

I pull her for another hug, as I'm imagining my life without her when I go to Russia. I won't be able to hold her like this, to smell her sweet fragrance, and won't be able to keep an eye on her.

Yaku: please wait for me until the day I came back for you...

Y/N: yes

Yaku: don't give other guys your number if they asked for it, tell them you have a boyfriend.

Y/N: I might have to give my number to someone if it's related to work or even in college, but I'll definitely tell them that I have you...

Yaku: don't fall in love with any taller guy or handsome guy...

Y/N: you're the one that I love Morisuke...

Yaku: keep on... watching me and supporting me....

Y/N: I will....

I pull back and look at her face, tears are falling from her eyes. I wipe them away.

Yaku: should I be worried about seeing these tears coming out of your eyes?

Y/N: no... I'm just happy that you think of me when you're about to do what you like the most...

Yaku: of course... volleyball is the thing that I like the most... but... you are the person that I love the most.

We embrace each other again, trying to crave each other's presence and scent into our minds. I will spend the rest of the month making memories with her before I left for Russia.

This isn't a goodbye

I'll definitely come back for her

One day, we will finally be inseparable.