CHAPTER FOUR

(warnings: mentions of harassment. (short chapter because next one will be juicy))*

"Stop staring, she's not going anywhere," Sunny says, grabbing a carton of milk from the cooler.

You keep finding yourself staring at Jennifer, eyeing her in English and math. How she hangs around all of the Christian girls who everyone thinks are nice, when in reality they are true bitches; ones that act mean but think they can make up for it by going to church every day.

Sunny grabs his tray and lifts it from the counter, typing in his code on the small pad and waving the lunch lady goodbye. You follow him to the table, which is to the far back of the cafeteria.

"I'll bet you fifteen dollars they won't last until valentine's day." You look up at him for an answer-some form of approval- but all his face does is scrunch up.

"Reid is my friend too you know," Sunny admonishes. He pauses for a moment, looking at them sitting a few inches apart at the round lunch table. "Okay you know what maybe they won't last."

Your lips pull into a sly smile, your stomach turning but your mind pushing the feeling away. "And she has a purity ring too. You do know what that means right?"

Sunny stops in his tracks and looks at you, then at Jennifer then back at you. "She has a fucking purity ring?!"

You nod aggressively, excited that he's on the same level as you. "Yes she has a goddamn purity ring. Which means she's still a virgin. And you know, I don't even think they've kissed yet."

Sunny nudges your arm, laughing while you both flick your gaze back at the couple. "She probably saves room for Jesus when they're together," he teases.

You let out a laugh, immediately covering your mouth with your hand. Sunny awfully hides his laugh, his tongue swiping across his lips and poking at the inside of his cheek in an effort.

You begin walking, Sunny continuing next to you. "You know, they look more like friends than they do boyfriend and girlfriend. She looks like the kind of girl to like Will LaMontagne," you note.

"That Louisiana guy? He would probably take her to Mardi Gras for vacation," he continues to tease.

You slap his arm, scoffing sarcastically. "Don't you remember, she's Christian. God Sunny you're so forgetful."

"You idiot, Mardi Gras is a Christian celebration," he notes, looking at you with such disappointment.

You hit one another and tease the relationship until you get to the table, dimming your laughter so Spencer Reid won't suspect anything. But from the holdup you caused in the middle of the cafeteria, he's probably aware.

Sunny places his tray on the table, throwing his backpack onto the floor before sitting in his seat. You look at them and then to Sunny, smiling at one another in the most secretive way you can think of.

"What?" Spencer asks, taking a tater tot and throwing it into his mouth.

You purse your lips and shake your head, "nothing. You guys just look really cute together. Me and Sunny are trying to work things out y'know."

Sunny tags along to the joke, wrapping his arm around you and planting a kiss on your head. "Oh yeah, go to bible studies on Wednesday's and every church service on Sunday's. The whole happy Christian couple thing."

Spencer kicks both of your legs under the table, earning groans from both you and Sunny. "Sorry," he says, looking at Jennifer. "They can be very disrespectful sometimes."

She nods, looking at you and Sunny with slight discomfort. You switch glances and decide to start a conversation, or else the air will become so suffocating that every one of you will die. "So, Jennifer."