CHAPTER FIVE

(warnings: mentions of an eating disorder, blood. (xtra long chapter.))*

Keeping secrets, especially from someone you have a close bond with, hurts like hell.

It especially hurts when you're hurting yourself in the process as well. You always hurt when telling a lie to someone important, but this time you were keeping a secret that was holding back your relationship status.

You indeed kept the secret from Spencer Reid, it was all you could do. Well, what you thought was best for you to do. You were jealous and Spencer could tell you were, therefore telling him would only make him suspect you were lying to keep him for yourself.

It was half wrong. Your eyes didn't deceive you; you took glanced upon glances until you saw them practically sticking their tongues into each other's faces. It was awful to look at so you walked to class and kept your mouth shut until you spoke to Spencer.

The conversation was made up of a simple apology for Spencer Reid not knowing what Jennifer was a part of. He said, "I don't want to say 'why didn't you tell me' because that's stupid. I just want to say that I'm sorry and if you want me to break up with her, I will."

You told him: "No, don't do that. She apologized, it's fine." Jennifer never apologized, ever. No one apologized, but you shrugged it off because if you asked for an apology, they would laugh and pile another rumor onto your back.

He wouldn't take your request; it was almost like he wanted you to tell him to break up with Jennifer. And you almost wanted to tell him that, but you let him do it on his own. He didn't, which was a disappointment, but he must have fixed things with her.

Now, it is past their four-month anniversary and it's becoming worse and worse to look at them together. Jennifer doesn't deserve Spencer Reid, he may not be the right build or he might talk too much about topics that don't seem "interesting", but you don't see how that's an issue. It's adorable.

And to be quite honest, all you're waiting for is something to go horribly wrong. For Jennifer to mess up and be found mouth on mouth with her secret football boyfriend. The scene plays in your head constantly and you sometimes find yourself wanting to purposefully show Spencer. They're always in the same spot at the same time every single day, so it would be easy to catch them.

You seem evil, you know you do, but telling him now, after a month, is worse. You've killed yourself already and now you're just digging your grave. So so deep.

"Play the song again, I like how you play," you tell Sunny, leaning over on the couch.

"Starting to get tired of playing Sex on Fire girl, pick another damn song," he replies, slowly strumming the strings of the guitar with his pick.

"I don't want another song. It's our song," you groan.

His mouth parts, his eyes blinking so slow you wonder if he's even blinking at all. "You do know what that song is about... right?"

You cover your face with your hands mid-realization, groaning and moaning when you remember that the beautiful song has a deep meaning. Well, deep in a different form. "I meant like...we play it all the time. Jesus, Sunny."

He laughs, beginning to play the song on the guitar for you. You lean your head back and look at the popcorn ceiling, bopping your head from side to side while the song progresses.

You hum the lyrics, counting the beats until the main part of the song plays. You whisper the lyrics of the song to yourself, tapping your finger against your stomach.

Sunny falls too deep into the song and begins singing himself, emphasizing the words exactly like Followill. You strain your neck looking at him, his jaw tightening and the nerves in his neck popping out.