Chapter 16

"Pari.. Paridhi yaar.. baat suno!", someone calling loudly for Paridhi enters the room and stand still on his place, gaping at Bela.

"Wow! What a masterpiece!!", praise for her slips suddenly out of his lips.

Bela was nervous all sudden as she didn't know who's he? Never saw him before in the palace. Unreasonably, she started placing the makeup stuffs in a row.

"Paridhi kahan hai?", the guy before her asks gaping at her.

"Woh.. Kunwar-rani ji bahar gayi hain kuch kaam se?", she answers softly and nervously.

"What?? Kunwar-rani ji???", he shouts in shock - "Koun ho tum?"

"Arey! Adi tum yahan aa gaye! Main tumhe bahar dhoondh rahi thi.", Paridhi enters on cue and Bela sighs in relief. She quickly goes out of the room.

"Pari.. Who's she?", he asks in a trance.

"Dadi Maa ki maid hai. She didn't like her dress so I..", Adi interjects in shock - "Yeh maid hai?"

"Itni beautiful aur innocent!!", he says after a pause.

"Mere bhai! Main khud bhi use dekh kar aise hi hairaan hui thi, tumhari galti nahi hai.", Paridhi laughs off.

"Unbelievable!! I thought that a fairy landed here from fairyland.", he says charmed by Bela's beauty.

"Haan dekho na bechari ko, kitni khoobsurat hai par paison ke liye kitni door aa kar naukri karni pad rahi hai..", she frowns.

"Aise masterpiece ko kaam karne liye kudrat nahi banati balki unhe toh..", he mutters under his breathe but Paridhi drags him to join outside.

*

"Kamina,badtameez, ghatiya insaan. Agar mere saamne aaya na toh mukka maar kar naak ki haddi tod dungi..", she tries a lot to calm her enraged nerves. She didn't like the hungry look in which that unknown beast was staring at her. Her blood burned thinking about that.

"Aise dekh raha tha jaise kabhi ladki nahi dekhi ho..", she runs her eyes around the lounge only to find the vibrant colours surrounding all around.

"Suno! Chhote Sahab bula rahe hain tumhe!", a maid informs her.

She nods in reply, - "Ab yeh kyun yaad rahe hain!? Ho na ho, Badi Rani Maa ki shikayat ka koi reaction hoga. Khair! Main bhi hisaab final kar leti hoon.. Chal Bela! Inki taqleef bhi dur karni hai..", Adi's deed has already made her super anger, she walks to Mahir's room in more fury.

Just as she reaches near the door of his room, her anger evaporates and heartbeats fastens and nervousness runs down her spine.

"Main kyun ghabra rahi hoon. Naukarni thodi hoon unki!! Tsk! What's wrong with you Bela!?", providing herself a little strength, she knocks slowly as her feet still trembles.

"Jee! Andar aa jayein!", his soft manly voice reaches her.

Pushing the door she enters with a drumming heart. He was wearing his shoes, putting his foot on table. He moves his head up and freezes.

She was standing there in a beautiful bottle green anaarkali, same as his tuxedo's colour's, we are twinning.

She was playing with her fingers and biting his gloss pink lower lips, maybe in nervousness, he noticed.

Silver bangles in right hand and bright matching jhumka dangling in ears, silver pencil heel sandle in fair feet. Divinely beautiful, so gorgeous.

He was in dilemma, how to divert his attention from this beautiful girl standing before him. Composing himself, he exclaims normally pointing at sofa - "Aayein, Sanam Sahiba! Baithein."

"Nahi.. I'm.. Main yahi theek hoon.", she says in a whisper.

"Chalein! Jaisi aapki marzi.", shrugging his shoulders, he looks at mirror as he sets his hairs - "Dadi Maa ki taraf se aapki bahot shikayatein aa rahi hain.."

"Toh??", she asks ignorantly in a single word and looks at him calmly while Mahir turns to see her in surprise.

"Toh yeh ki aap unka khayal rakhein, unki dekh-bhal karein. Unki zarorat'on ko pura karein. Agar unka mood kharab ho toh unka dil behlayein..", he says hypnotisingly in ultra sweet voice and picks up the perfume bottle.

A strong manly scent surrounds the room.

"I'm sorry but ab main yeh naukri aur nahi kar sakti, aapki Dadi Maa ke mizaaj ko samjhna mere liye bahot mushkil hai.", she says looking at carpet.

Mahir looked her, she seemed upset and hurt to him - "Shayad aapko maalum nahi ki budhhe aur bachche ek jaise hote hain, budhhon ko bachchon ki tarah treat karna padta hai."

"Mujhe maalum hai par ab main yahan aur nahi ruk sakti. Kal main apne ghar jaa rahi hoon."

"Aise kaise? Usool ke mutabiq aapko yeh job poore ek mahine karni hai.", he says in a commanding tone.

"Jee nahi. Aapke advertisement mein aisi koi shart nahi thi. Ad hai mere paas.", she outbursts.

Mahir chuckles at her tone - "Koi nahi! Phir bhi usool kehta hai ki job chhodne se ek month pehle inform kiya jaata hai. Aap toh ek din pehle bata rahi hain..", he enjoys this banter with her.

"Excuse me!! This is not an office job or any contract.", she huffs and later bits her lips regretting her English.

Mahir looks at her and laughs inwardly.

"Theek hai phir! Jaisi aapki marzi!  Main toh ek mahine ki request isiliye kar raha tha ki isi mahine mere Dad meri shaadi ka program bana rahe hain. Meri biwi aa jayegi toh wahi Dadi Maa ki care karegi.", he informs her casually.

Bela's heart skips a beat then she asks him, thinking God knows what, - "Koun? Yeh Mrinal Raichand?"

"Jee nahi. Bela Shergill. Uday Shergill uncle ki beti. Shayad aapko kisi ne bataya nahi.. It's Bela not Mrinal. Bela...", he sneaks in her eyes and she looks at him astonished.

Her heart slamming over her chest and to add on her vulnerable situation, he turns on his most charming smile. She blushes hard on this little intrude of his in her heart.

She looks down, breaking the eye contact. Even he was looking more handsome today, that too they were twinning coincidentally.

Bela understands, if she stays a little more, she will melt down like wax and runs out without replying or commenting.

*

Hey Folks!
I hope you enjoyed this little encounter of Behir. I'm really demotivated to write because of the dull response. Those who were asking for update are lost somewhere. I'm writing these chapters despite of hectic schedule as I've internal assessment in few days. Kindly comment and don't let me regret it..
Love!!