Chapter 12

The SS Palace was completely opposite of Bela's estimate and guess. It wasn't made of red bricks with some typical archaic or obsolete architecture.

It was a one-storey vast palace. A perfect blend of Indian and European architecture, inspired by medieval Mughal art. Few tombs on sides and big jharokha giving a complete Rajwada and graceful look to the palace, which was standing on acres of land.

The palace consists of numerous gardens. A big garden with a fountain at the front side of palace as well a beautiful lawn with grass beds and another small fountain adjoining narrow lanes with lights and a canal like water structure in the middle of the residence. Another one, in the backyard, having a pool, artificial lotus afloat in crystal clean water.

Another minartes like hollow structures with benches to sit. Varieties of exotic flower species enhancing the velvet grass and warm sky. All sorts of luxuries, gym, tennis court and many more.

The interior was even more lavish, chandeliers, calligraphy on pillars, floral sculpted walls, rare and scarce paintings hanging around. Even having a beautiful mansion, Bela was stunned at the beauty and richness of SS Palace.

The most relieving thing was something she always scoffed at, the rural environment. After having a long tiring day, Bela used to stand at the balcony with a shawl clad around and look at those never ending fields shining brighter in full moon, like having bright pearls reflecting from the leaves. The cold breeze flowing and calming down precarious nerves.

Every dawn, the red nonlustrous sun, a group of workers approaching towards fields, small kids jumping while going to school, women milching livestock at ranches, rearing of cattles, everything looks so amazing to have a life distant from the busy and noisy city life.

Bela has been also examining the environment in Palace which was supposed to be her home. Sumitra had a highly graceful and dominating personality in the household chores. She seemed very hard over maids and servants while a caring and loving mother. Her daughter-in-law Paridhi was always busy in jewelry designing and her world revolved around her husband who also seemed very kind hearted and their cute little daughter Ridya. Even her Andy Uncle was a moralistic man attached with roots, she knew him since forever as her father's best friend.

Here comes Dadi whom she was bearing with so much difficulty and then the one, the one going to be her fate, who's going to be her life partner, Mahir. Whom she hadn't seen from a week, he was first and last seen then only at garden where her heart was beating like parade drum at a single glance of his  face. She had heard that he's busy in any project.

*

"Pata hai Mahir! Dadi Maa ki jo nayi governess hai na Sanam, bahot hi ajeeb ladki hai."

He, who was tickling little Ridya on his lap, sits straight- "Kyun!? Kis tarah se ajeeb hai?"

"Mujhe nahi lagta woh itni gareeb hai jitna dikhati hai! Uski aankhon mein ek chamak hai, naa ki ek pyaas. Aisa nahi lagta ki use cheezon ki kami hai.. Maine note kiya hai woh bahot hi style se khaana khati hai and she often use English words while speaking.", Paridhi takes Ridya off of his lap.

"Ismein itna notice karne waali kya baat hai. Aaj kal desh develope ho raha hai, Aapne toh phir bhi bataya yeh 10th passed hai..", He casually put aside Pari's point.

"Kuch bhi kaho, she's not normal. Kal maine kaha, zara Ridu ko sambhal lo, mujhe thoda fresh hona hai. Tou woh Ridu ko godd mein lekar English poems yaad karwane lagi. Koun si common maid aise karegi??"

"Jo bhi ho Bhabi, Dadi khush hain na bas wahi kaafi hai. Ek humesha ki problem solve ho gayi.", he stands up saying informally.

"Humesha ki toh nahi keh sakte.. Kyunki kal ko uski shaadi-waadi hogi woh yeh job kya humesha karti rahegi..", Paridhi says.

"Shayad humesha hi yahi reh jaaye..", he muttered with a mischievous glint.

"Kya kaha..!", Pari enquires as she couldn't hear.

"Kuch nahi.. Bas yeh keh raha tha ki aap itna nahi sochein. Zyada tension nahi leni chahiye aapko abhi. Ab main chalta hoon." he ends the topic.

"Arre Beta kahan chal diye. Main tumhari coffee ka keh kar aayi hoon.", Sumitra says as she walks in the lawn.

"Kuch waqt ke liye ghar aate ho, jee bhar kar tumhe dekh bhi nahi pati. Kabhi Paris, US, London ya Bangalore.. Iss week yahan toh uss week pata nahi kahan.", she adds in.

"Mom, itna zyada time toh spend karta hoon aapke saath.", he says falling and leaning on sofa as he spreads himself casually.

Simultaneously Bela comes with a tray of tea/coffee.

"Neeta ki Maa beemar hai, woh apne ghar gayi hai isiliye maine Sanam se keh kar Imli ka haath batwa diya kitchen mein.", Sumitra explains the reason why she wasn't at Badi Rani Maa's room.

Bela forwards cup to Pari when suddenly a cool breeze flow and her veil flies up revealing her face. Paridhi exclaims suddenly - "Sanam!! Yeh diamond tops tumne kahan se liye?", indicating at her ears.

"Oh shit!!!", Bela gasps and automatically her hand goes on her ear which was adorning that diamond tops since years.

Mahir gaze falls on her sheen face which was full of nervousness now and her hands hurriedly hides her ear.

"Ye-yeh toh meri-..meri Maa layi thi ji be-ba-bazaar se.", she stammers and sweatbeads forming on her forehead.

"My God!! Itne costly tops tumhari Maa ko kahan mil gaye bazaar mein.", Paridhi's amazement increases a little more.

"Chhodo na Pari, aaj-kal artificial items itne bakhubi design karte hain ke asli-nakli ka farq hi pata nahi chalta.", Sumi tries to shrug off the matter.

"Arre nahi Mom, yeh pure diamonds hain. I know!!", Paridhi stays adamant while Bela quickly left from there.

"Kamal karti ho beta! Ek maid ke paas diamond ki jewellery kaise aa gayi!?"

Mahir was thinking quietly where and in whom ears, he saw that tops while sipping coffee. His heart wished to tell Sumitra that his Pari Bhabi guessed it right. But he stayed silent because sometimes some truths should be disclosed on perfect time.

______________________________________
I'm not dead!! 🙂
Comments and votes are highly appreciated ❤