Break Up In A Small Town II

It's been three years since the wedding that shattered Beca's heart into pieces. It's been three years since she gave her promise ring back to the rightful owner. It's been three years since she went home.
It's been about almost two years when she met Blair, a popular designer. They met during a gala hosted by Beca's label. Since Beca was all famous now, Theo made her attend because it will look good on her and on her management.

It's been a year and half now and Beca and  Blair totally hit it off and started dating. Both of them did not want labels and they were fine with that. Beca told Blair about her past and to her surprise, Blair had the same experience when her ex, Jessica, married Blair's bestfriend, Link.
What a coincidence they both thought. It's probably one reason they get along really well.
They were happy with their "relationship" and things were going along just fine.

It's been two and half years since Chicago called her to tell her that he joined the army and was assigned to go to Afghanistan. He said it's his dream to be in the army. Beca asked how about Chloe. He said they talked about it and Chloe supports him.
Of course deep down Beca knew what Chloe really felt. The redhead did not like being alone. So Beca called Stacie to check on Chloe.
Stacie said she looks happy. But her blue eyes dont seem to sparkle anymore.
Beca felt sorry for her. Here she was, having another person she loved leave her again. 

Chicago left for six months and came back and Chloe could not have been happier. Chicago was stationed an hour away from their hometown but it's still better than him going overseas. 
After a year, Chicago was called to the base and was chosen to lead a task force which means promotion, which means he had to go back to Afghanistan in a month. 
Chloe knowing that her husband was excellent in his job, accepted her fate and supported him. 
It's been almost a month since he talked to Chicago. He warned her about his because his location overseas was classified. 

Until the day the Chloe received the phone call...

It's been three days since Beca got the tragic news she thought she'll never get. Her dad called her and said to come home as soon as she can. Chicago had been part of a convoy that was ambushed by the enemy camp. There were no survivors according to the general's report. The bodies of the soldiers were to return in two days. 

When Beca heard the news, all that she can think about was Chloe. Her heart sank for her and for his best friend. The last time they talked was when he enlisted in the army. The last time she and Chloe talked was three years ago at their wedding. 

"Yes dad. I got Theo to book my flight. I'll be there first thing in the morning.." Beca said, her phone pinned between her ear and her shoulder as she talked to her dad. 

"Did you call Chloe yet?" Francis asked. 
"Not yet. I'll call her tomorrow. Maybe.." Beca replied. 
"Okay. She needs all the support she can get.. Especially now that Chicago's gone.." he said. 
"What do you mean, dad?" Beca inquired. 
"You'll see.. I'll get going now.. See you tomorrow, Beca. Let me know when you land okay?" 
"Always, dad. See you.."  Beca hanged up and toss her phone on the bed. 

"Hey, babe! You all packed up?" Blair said, exiting the bathroom, who just finished taking a shower. 
"Um. Yeah, almost done. Are you sure you can't come with me? It's a good chance to introduce you to my family and friends.." Beca said as she walked towards the blonde, wrapping her hands around her waist and kissing her neck. 
"As much as I want to go with you, I can't. We have back to back meetings for the fashion week" Blair said as she put her hands on the brunette's shoulders. 
"And you know how particular I get when it comes to that..." she added.
"I know, i know.." Beca chuckled. "if you change your mind tho, let me know, okay? 
"of course, baby.." 
Blair went in to Beca's closet and got dressed. She came out, seeing Beca out in the balcony, with her phone on one hand and a glass of her favourite golden liquid, whisky.