Ex to See

Beca and Chloe grew up in a small town in Georgia. They were next-door neighbors. Beca's family moved from New York when her parents decided to open their own vet clinic.
The two girls met when Chloe went into the clinic with her parents because her dog, Billie, got stung by a bee.
After learning that they were neighbors, the two girls were inseparable until they went to highschool.

Chloe became one of the popular girls at school because she joined the cheerleading squad.
Beca was popular too.  She was in a band that her cousin Jesse started. She played the guitar and did vocals as well.

They had the same classes but did not really hang out with each other anymore..
The occasional smiles and glances would often remind them how close they used to be.

It was a few months before prom and Chloe broke up with her boyfriend - well, ex- boyfriend now, Tyler and the whole school knew about it.
Word got out that Tyler cheated on Chloe with another girl from the cheer squad, Julia.
Chloe's best friend, Aubrey, was about to kick Julia out of the squad but Chloe managed to calm her down.

Beca heard the break up too and was sorry for Chloe. She had always hated Tyler. She found him to be way too cocky and arrogant.

One night, Beca got home from their band rehearsal as the school asked them if they could play a couple or more songs during prom, in which Jesse, Luke, the band's drummer and Emily, Jesse's twin sister and the band's keyboardist agreed on much to Beca's dismay..

"It's time for Chloe to hear your songs about her, dude.." Emily said as she nudged Beca's side..

"Shut up!" Beca said and gave Emily a smack in the head.

The band knew about Beca's feelings about Chloe. She discovered her feelings for the redhead when they were in eighth grade. That's when Beca finally came to terms with her sexuality. She kept quiet about it with the fear of Chloe leaving her and being disgusted with her. Beca managed to hide it when they started high school. She kept telling herself that her feelings did not exist. Now, she wished that she said something about it to Chloe. Since they started high school, Chloe became different.

Beca was about to go to her room upstairs when she heard the doorbell. It was around seven at night and she was pretty sure her parents are still in the clinic. And she's pretty sure that they each have a key to the house and would never ring the door bell.

Sighing, Beca walked towards the door and opened it and was surprised to see the person waiting for her..

"Chloe? What are you doing here?" she asked, raising both her eyebrows. It's been a long time since Chloe came over to the brunette's house.

"Hi, Beca.. Umm. I was wondering if I could hang out here for a bit? I forgot my house key in my room and no one's home yet.." Chloe replied, her eyes fixed on the ground.

"Can't you call your brother?"

"I can't. My phone died.. I was going to ask you as well if I can borrow a charger?"

"What phone do  you have?"

"Um. I got an iPhone.."

"Sorry. I only got one for an Android.."

Chloe knew that she's pushing her luck. It's very clear that Beca does not want her to hang out in which she understands. She completely ignored her during high school just because they have different interests and their friends run in completely different circles.

"Oh.. Okay. Never mind then.. Thanks.." Chloe said, her shoulders slumped. She turned her back to Beca and started to go back to her porch.

Beca saw this and cursed herself for what she's about to do. She saw the disappointment in the red head's eyes and that crushed her. And also the fact that it's cold outside and the image of Chloe waiting at their porch killed her.