That Should Be Me

Beca and Chloe crossed paths back in freshman year of highschool and they instantly clicked. The two girls were very opposite of each other.
Chloe was this beautiful ray of sunshine, had this smile that could brighten up a room and was always very outgoing and bubbly.
Beca on the other hand, well, she could be described as the rain cloud. She's very introverted and with walls up so high, only certain people can get through it. She usually wore her headphones so to distract her from reality.
The two became best friends when they were in the same music class and were assigned together to do a project.
Beca was already into mixing and producing her own music which made Chloe very interested and eager to listen to Beca's mixes.

They were a perfect example of a yin yang. Then came sophomore year. Chloe had a boyfriend. Although they still remained best friends, Beca felt that Chloe was drifting away. She got jealous of Tom. She got confused as to why she was feeling that way so she pushed Chloe away but the redhead kept pushing back.

Senior year came by and Chloe was still with Tom. Beca was still jealous but managed to keep it on the down low. She did not want to lose Chloe so she just shut her mouth.
Senior prom was a month away and everyone was talking about it. Beca was asked to perform five songs as she was pretty well known in the school to be an excellent singer and performer. Every one knew that Beca wanted to go to LA to chase her dreams of being a singer/songwriter/producer.

One night, Beca called her Cynthia Rose, her other closest friend in their circle of friends.

"Hey lil' B!" CR answered..

"Uhh. Hey. Do you mind coming with me?" Beca asked shyly.

"Where we off to on a Tuesday after noon after school?" The black girl asked.

"I just want to show you something. Pick you up in 15?" The small brunette asked.

"Anything for you, Becs. I'll see you soon. Drive safe!" CR replied and then hung up the phone.

15 minutes later, Beca pulled up her car infront of CR's house and was relieved that she was waiting for her outside.

"Thanks for coming with me" Beca said as CR put her seatbelt on.

"What's going on?" CR curiously asked.

"I'll tell you later. Wanna grab some coffee first." Beca said as she started to drive towards Starbucks.

One they got the coffees, Beca drove to a park that overlooked the Atlanta skyline.

"This is nice Beca. So.. spill. What's going on?" CR said as she took her seatbelt off and turned to faced Beca.

"I uhm.. uhhh" Beca stammered. She was lost for words. She did not even think this through..

CR saw the tiny brunette struggling so she asked the inevitable question.

"Is this about Chloe?" She asked.

"Um. Yeah" Beca said as she played with the lid of her coffee.
"I-I have feelings for her.." she blurted out, tears running down her face.

"I know. Why are you crying tho?' CR asked as she put an arm on Beca's shoulder.

"Wait. How did you know?" Beca's eyes met Cynthia's.

"Dude. My gaydar's always going off on you. And I saw how you look at Chloe. And I hate Tom.." CR laughed.

"I've never felt this before. So does this mean I'm gay?' Beca asked..

"That's for you to figure out. And whatever it is, I'll be here to support you" CR assured Beca..

"Thanks Cynthia. I just dont know what to do.. " Beca said.