13

"Cordelia has been enrolled in Willow Crest High for the last two semesters." Samuel breaks the news to regio two days later.

Regio contemplates, "Hm Actually a good idea. This will help her choose her subjects wisely. Directly pursuing college will mentally burden her."

"If it were up to me i'd take her on a world tour and online classes would do just fine. Free of high school crap." I mutter. But internet connection might give away our information and location to people we don't want. And not to mention a lenient trip will give an easy access to attack us and cover it in the name of accident.

"I think exposure is the main motive of all this indulging into productive activities. She should go for it." He comments, nervously.

Samuel keeps the useless convo rolling. "Yeh, she's thrilled with the whole idea and really impatient to start." I leave.

If she escapes or lands in trouble this regio is the first scapegoat i push inside enemy's den.

Starting next month she presents herself in. her. uniform,
early in the morning
at the breakfast table 
right in front of me.
Usual goodmornings greeted.
And she left with the bus.
I didn't give any displeasing expression for her to chew on later under unfavourable conditions where she digests a discerning image under someone elses influence and burps my existence into the oblivion.
Hence, discarding me.
A saline smile counters all of that.

One thing about Willow Crest,
Its a private academy 
Run by Our Society's Foundation,
Mafia Society.
Girls are sent here to complete their basic Education before they're married off by their families to strengthen their power circle.
Last time I checked It was Girls Only Catholic 
The Only THing That kept me interested in this thing.

Seeing a blonde haired guy
Loose wet unbuttoned shirt
underneath which dirt vest hanging low over his chest,
loose pants.
INSIDE MY DAMN HOUSE 
BESIDE CORDELIA who looks equally wet, tired, her hand around his wet throat her weight was tilted towards him.
At MY threshold,
The Front doors remained open, Black clouds have only begun to form around now, Lightening strike at far distance, 
Brewing stormy winds shudder cordelia, my hair swivel back and his.. veils his face. 
THIS WAS UNCALLED FOR!

I was NOT informed of this Extremity.

I was up my feet the next instant.

He simply waves at me.
The careless Wave.
"Hi!"

The air had sizzled around me, power coming off of me in waves as I rounded the Sofa. Power contemplating anything that can strip him of his living rights!
"Why? Explain!" 
I slap the documents I was going through earlier in the pit of rage. They scatter on the floor. He flinches then. Slightly taken aback and distracted. If he leaves here with a fracture or two.. "NAME!" I scathe a roar.

The maids arrive with towels, wrap around my girl and two carried cordelia inside, Leaving the boy alone in my company with a towel offcourse, two picked up the papers, assembled before disappearing.
Yep, they were as Swift and fast.
Few drops of blood and flesh,
Is a feast for my dogs and a prospect for my housekeeper to finally redecor the site acc. to his liking.
A few axe cuts here n there is just an excuse for renewing the floorings.

"Shawne Cortes. And You?" he says, finally after wiping like an airhead. Providing me time to consider numerous ways i will never have to witness this body next to hers.

"Should've atleast glanced what you walked into." I grit. He made a face of twisted muscles like he cannot make sense. 

"The bold letters engraved outside is.." my guard behind him scoffed leaving the last of words for him to follow.

"Ah. Sorry Mr.. uh I didnt read." He let out a baffled laugh, looking around and everywhere but me.

"Why was she with you? and not home with the bus!?" Or with my men atleast. I grab him by the throat and slam him into the nearest wall.

What if he fooled her into a date? She is kept from that stuff! She goes there any longer she'll turn into the likes of him. "Where did you take her?"

"Calm Down Man! If you let me speak.." He struggles out the words as I had a death grip over him he kept Fiddling to find words. So preferably he only let out the essential words.

He has no fighting muscle. Not even a voice for it. Too laid back. He hadn't raised his voice or hand.

Is the school accepting civilians too?
Or is he a Church Orphan?

I take a step back. So he find space to breathe.

"Man! you're too impulsive."

"Start talking."

"Okay. Sorry if i tick you off firstly." He holds up his hand. I can blow off his finger without missing a tip, actually i can miss. From between his fingers my rage met his proud eyes. "She didn't know how to throw a ball correctly into the basket so I volunteered to help after school. She was very keen. So I had to. Besides I had free time.
It started pouring later."

"And you couldn't find a shelter?" I clip. Stride forward an inch. His mouth was ajar as his head inch up to counter me looking down at him.
It's better he is aware whatever he utters hereon he recieves a punch, no less. Dare he display boyish charms to befriend this family's ANY member under the pretence of 'Help'.

"Sir." A trembling voice Echos from behind above the stairs. A maid.
She didn't come down.
Urgency could be identified.

I lift my arm flick two fingers, a motion for her to go on.
"I gave miss the medicine. She was quite feverish." 
Sounds like a complete story why am i being interrupted then?

"So whats the problem?" i growl.

"She isn't complying to sleep." she starts with a whisper ends with a squeal.

What is the damn matter!!? I back hammer the sofa in frustration. The first thing within hands reach.

Her voice emerged first "Shwane? I didn't even thank you."

My previously burning chest.. the flames travelled up and up, my head throbbed!
My favourite voice uttering someone else's name.
Yes, this issue didn't surface earlier, now that it has, I'll make sure it does not repeat. Ever!

She descends the stairs, a shawl around herself surpassing the maid later. 

The petite girl probably wanted to drag Cordelia up to her bed and tie her to sleep, at least that's what I thought.
But under my gaze she shrunk in the background.

If Cordelia didn't rage me before, She sure did now. 

"I personally thanked him." I give her a reassuring smile and pat the boy's back.

"Yeah just leaving. Thanks uh..m Sir." He fiddles and ducks back getting out my reach out of nowhere probably instincts catch up to him now.

"Bye!" My abstracted Cordelia give her full energy into that final wave until he disappears.
I didn't stop her, for precisely two reasons.. one she exhausts herself to sleep and second,
Me in her good books.
.
.

And that's how service started of vehicle full of guards to drop and fetch her.
Against all odds. Odds-: Samuel grunts of ruining her experience of normal. and cordelia's whinings how it was so fun the first day and Me- the monster has put a full stop on it. 
It was a slip up on my part opting for bus and bicycle was by far the most crazy idea I agreed to.

I had been too lenient.
Too much .. Bewitched.

Well, that says someone has to have a functioning practical brain in the house. Beyond fun and normal, there is life and death shit right by the surface. 

No matter how civilian enviornment I try to maintain. 
Can't happen with her. Not now.
Not when she's with me.
How did Iet myself risk her in the first place. 

Never again.