10

She jerks back up in sitting position embarrassed by her slouthy act and looks everywhere but him, he is focused on her and meeting those eyes full of concern straight after waking up is too much to take in, alas, her keen eyes finds mess of all her books on the floor where Samuel stood head bent down, far behind Lorenzo, she gasps getting down from the bed and She teeter totters her way to the mess to collect her belongings and starts placing them back on the shelves and table, "I- I am so sorry you had to see this, It's clean usually." Lorenzo tsks under his breath and his eyes fell on Samuel, the obvious scapegoat, "It's Not your fault. I..it's Samuel." Samuel widened unbelievable eyes lifted to meet the smirkass Lorenzo and then slowly Gulping settled on glaring Miss. Cordelia who kept her books aside and clutched her hands to her waist in anger. "You have to pull something everytime to humiliate me. Don't you!? God! What am I gonna do? I organized them sequencially!" She stopped with her chiding feeling Lorenzo's eyes on her. She pushes him to the side, he didn't budge but it caused her to lose her balance though she regained herself standing up straight again "He comes to me after so long and you have to ruin it" She walks past him to Lorenzo muttering along the way.

"I see you're better already." Lorenzo comments as she nears, "Now that I am blessed with your arrival." Her burning blues now molten after connecting with his earthy ones.

"Why did you lost consciousness, Cordelia?" He voice turned serious, his worrisome eyes were enough to make her feel guilty. "I don't know. I was feeling suffocated and.. and.." her hand reached her forehead as it started throbbing again, remembering proved to be heavy for her, understanding he leans in close and her heart rate sped up, "I know the rest. You need more rest. Soup will be brought to you here itself. Go back to bed now and restrain from moving more than necessary. Got it?" He had to touch her but coming in physical contact with any part of her body is to much for him so he decided to control his agony just by touching her nose tip at last and moved away, she nodded happy at his touch which she received after long.

A maid knocked informing, "Sir, Dr. Regio is here."

"Send him in." Lorenzo says and the doors opened to reveal a highted man, rectangular rimless glasses shielding his cynical eyes. His white coat defined his purpose here. Cordelia didn't believe she's scared but remembering her first time with doctors an uneasy spark travelled up her neck and she threaded her arm tightly around his unknowingly. He didn't miss her signals.

He squeezed her clampy hands, "I'm here, he is only going to talk to you." And she nods "okay." The doc. Noticed their closeness. "Hello. Um..may I know Who is the patient here?" He asks stoping at a safe distance from Lorenzo who leads her back to the edge of the bed and Samuel arranges a chair close to them for the doc. and stands behind his boss by the post himself.

Lorenzo whispers, his lips brushing her ear, "You display your fear, he's going to intimidate you more. Be gutsy, Beautiful." She blushed and without reacting she meets the white coat's eyes locking her nervousness away.

The man sat when Lorenzo eyed him to. He was on his toes the entire time asking Lorenzo's woman things related to her health, emotions and interests. One wrong word and the hell might break for him. If Lorenzo snaps on any of her innocent answers, again his life will be on line.

On the other hand confused Lorenzo not understanding why the hell this goddamn man is asking her questions irrelevant to the situation kept his anger contained so as to not scare her.

She has left his hand and was now warming up to the newcomer because of his way of appealing and relaxing nature.

"Thank you very much for your time. May I see sir out?" The doc stands up quick following the guys, Lorenzo came out the room last after tugging Cordelia in.

"What is it?"

Mr. Regio scratchs his stubble contemplating how to explain it to him.

"I have a few more questions to ask madam. She might not feel comfortable answering in your presence you can listen from outside." He says hesitantly after thinking for a while realising he missed something.

"What? Why? She is more than comfortable around me! What the hell-" Lorenzo bursts reaching for his collar now that she wasn't present anymore but samuel tugs at his sleave stopping him in time adding to his defence "It makes sense. Let him do it. He's under our supervision, what can he possibly do? She isn't that open afterall." Collecting himself back he lets the man enter once again.

This time Regio feels comfortable about dealing with his patient. The presence of Satan himself was squeezing his guts out

"I uh had some questions left to ask if you're not asleep yet." He whispered in case she wakes up, throws a tantrum marking an end to his life.

"Yeah sure. I just woke up, I can't sleep just yet. Besides who is going to clean up the mess here." He was looking around the bed for her but her loud voice echoed from other corner of the room from behind the adjacent shelf to the sofa behind which more selves lined the wall.

He decides better to stay five steps away from her and stayed put where he stood beside the bed.

"Ms. Cordelia, You said earlier. Mr. Lorenzo had didn't see you for quite a few days and that made you sad. Can you tell me why?" He had his reasons asking her such an obvious Question. She didn't mind because his previous questions had been mild too.

"Because I was missing him." She bluntly said the sound of pages turning and books thumping one on the other echoed in the background. He had realised by now she feels deeply for him but loving or missing wasn't the exact answer he was looking for after knowing she spent two years with same emotions but this time their was a reaction. She had backlashed this time.

"Or is it that it scares you him being absent for long?" He pushes her limits. Silence. He prays for his life inwardly. Lorenzo freeze not ticking his shoe agitation anymore.

Since she didn't answer he takes the risk and put forth one more in case it helps her figure out "What scared you recently? any event in highlight? Or any incident you remember clearly that you can never forget? Something that left a deep impact on you?" He hears a sob and he stopped. Jackpot! He had been correct!

But wait.

She is crying! Life crawled out of his legs the moment he heard a loud bang of door being opened with force and the expected face did looked pissed and in search to kill someone that moment.

Lorenzo surpassed the doc. and made his way to Cordelia picking her up and she gripped tight his shirt in her fist as she hid her face in his chest, in full three long strides he reached her bed and sat with her in lap, stroked her hair back and murmured sweet words to calm her down.

Samuel quietly says to the doctor from behind and pats him on the shoulder scaring the shit out of him "You better wait downstairs in the living room if you don't want to loose your life just because of some mood swing." And Samuel too left the lovebirds alone making his way downstairs following Dr. Regio.