4. Permission Granted

It was a fine day, Lorenz was sitting on his chair by the window sipping his coffee while going through his important documents.
Cordelia entered the room with hope and excitement enhancing her.

"Do you have a minute spare for me? " Her sweet voice made him stop from reading any further and his eyes met hers, he wanted to hold her in his arms right that moment, but in reality she was still standing near the door approx ten steps away from him. She didn't dared to go to him, there were certain strange feelings which she felt when near him, his touch made her heart race sending electrical signals down her spine. She didn't understand how to define this feeling so these feelings which felt when being around him scared and warned her at the same time calmed and assured her, but her heart also doesn't wants to leave him, she wants to stay with him, thus never tried to run away.

Overall it confused her. Keeping her origin in mind she didn't risk exploring her heart either. It was the least important thing on her survival list right now.

He always intended to be soft to her but that made his voice sound deep and heavy, she would describe it as rich and calm.. something intimidating, his muscularity added to the display of overall beast he really was under cover. His noble aura made her feel safe too.

Cordiala eventually came to think that 'mi amore' is a nickname given to her by him It sounded really sweet to her ears. But who knew what he really meant.

"Come in, mi amore. Why standing at the door? " She walked in closer to him. Just within hand reach. She knew any more closer and her words will die in her throat. She was smart enough to know if he didn't tell her something he wouldn't like to know it and if she does knows it, declaring it to him as a question would not be a good choice. But the level of fear has decreased during these past years. Nah. It wasn't decreased. The fear had blended with the darkness inside her. The darkness which was locked deep down unrecognisable within her pure innocent soul.

The answers and knowledge she collects is all what he wants her to know and Spanish, His Work and outer world are some of those things which he doesn't want her to come close to.

"I-I am okay here. I just want to join you for the party that you are going to attend tomorrow..?" It came half as a question. She was unsure, Not scared. He felt it. He snaked his hand around her waist and lifted her to his lap placing her replacing the book he was engrossed in earlier, she took it from him. He let her flip through the pages while he caressed her hair taking her in. Meanwhile she distracted her thumping heard and paralized brains to the words printed on the unfamiliar book. She couldn't get the words. She was fighting this beautiful feeling. He smiled at her failed attempt. So she finally closed the book for good or bad, she didn't knew, but at that moment it felt right.. giving into that pleasant feeling. Those big hands promising her safety and something more. she rested her head on his chest. His eyes shouldered as she closed hers.

"Can I join you too?"  He asked quietly. He really thought he could escape the question.

"And how did you came to know about that?" Disappointed he asked back. He didn't planned to take her out in that dangerous zone. Ever.

"Samuel told me. it's an event where people eat, dance and socialise. It's fun. So, will you take me there too?" Her eyes shining with hope, but lorenzo wanted to smash Samual, he gave all false hopes to her. Seeing her hopeful expressions worrying he asked her "Wouldn't that place be dangerous for you" She won't be fine there.

"I have you, I have no fear" Her innocent pure answer with such confidence, she only looked up to him. She knew it flattered him.

Except her no one felt safe with him, he's feared. He's mafia. He was the one people looked down upon. He isn't someone with good reputation.

She trusts him, it's all that's needed for him to love her. She's made him spoil her.

In front of this naive girl's sweet talks, Lorenzo was helpless but to give in.

Little did he pridicted, a little bad that's gonna happen to her and others because of her presence out there in that party. As for a bonus point, This will be her first time to know what real people are like, her training started from this point onwards.

Cordelia left, leaving Lorenzo cold again. Entangled in deep thoughts.

He took out his phone to call "Samuel. I want you in my room right now! "

"Tsk, this girl couldn't keep anything from you. Can she. Since the beginning I didn't liked her. She's trouble. Look what she got me into now"

Beep beep.

After 5 min Samuel was in his room standing in front of Lorenzo. And lorenzo fuming in anger.

Peace...
***
Library is like a second home for cordiela, in this whole mansion her favorite places are Library and kitchen. Can sleep anywhere.

"Miss, can you please come with us for dress selection." Two of the girls came went to cordiela and asked her to follow them.

"I don't need new clothes-"

"It's for your party, you need to present yourself in an elegant manner miss..." Cordlelaa was listening to the ladies lecture very carefully.

When they reach to the room filled with beautiful outfits she was in aww of the beauty of creations present in just one room.

"Dismiss!" In no time everyone faded away from her sight on Lorenzo's command, he held her hand in such a demeanor she couldn't leave, but as always her eyes brightened up as she saw him behind her.

"You will not leave my side once we reach there, if I'm gone for a moment be in the corner away from people's reach, don't talk to anyone and try not go far from my sight." He was giving instructions to her and she was sitting on the nearest couch while he was picking an outfit for her.

He didn't wanted anything attractive but something to hide her from those evil gazes. Something for her to wear so that no one approaches her.

And finally after a lot of search here and there, He found his desired outfit which was perfect for her according to him. It wasn't too suspesious nor too alluring.

He gave it to her, She thanked him and started to leave. Right at that moment Samuel entered and went straight to lorenzo, cordeila happened to notice him.

"Sam? Why is your cheek swollen?" His wound caught her attention before leaving. 

"It's thanks to your honesty. " Samuel knows she can't hide or lie to Lorenzo and so this is his repayment for informing her.

"It will get worse, wait, let me treat that bruise. " She got worried, she could only contribute what she is good at. 

"Sure, let's go. In return I'll help you get dressed." Lorenzo muscles tensed as these words came out from his mouth. 

"No need for you to trouble yourself. I'll help her do her dress and stylists are here for her hair and other unnecessary things.. Don't touch her if you want your teeth to be in their original place. Got that?" Lorenzo said being annoyed ready to break his bones then and there. Samuel understood if he didn't leave soon, then he might not be able to walk on his own two feet after this.

"Oh damn ! So aggressive. Obsessed? with just getting someone else near to her? What's gotten into you?" This time he stood far away from Lorenzo and reach behind Cordiela, walking away with her while teasing him. Lorenzo's temper was fuming in anger right now.

Cordiela was busy treating him anaware of the atmosphere getting thick and tense around Samuel and Lorenzo, she neither noticed nor was affected by the unsaid war going on between those two. As soon as she was done she left.

Samuel went back to Lorenzo,
" Why are you dealing with her like a possessive Father? " All those childish instructions giving to her, he felt asking him

"You also want your arms attached to your shoulder. Right?" Lorenzo walked out of the mansion to his car while threatening samuel. Giving deadliest stare to him as he sat inside and Samuel shut the door bowing to him as he drove away.

"What is wrong with these two lovebirds? He hurts me. She cures me. Is this my luck?" Samuel said to himself getting bewildered.