Lesson #3: Rejection

Rejection hurts. That's for sure.

Whether it's for an audition, an interview, or confession.

You can't stop the twinge in your heart from being heartbroken, big or small.

So, here's a storytime for you guys regarding my feelings that were for one of my crushes.

Keyword: Were.

It was near New Years' and I was just walking through the garden of the Innerworld cause that's what everyone does when they're bored...

Anyway, I saw Jon sitting on a bench and I got a rush of confidence all of a sudden.

I don't know why.

He just looked so handsome sitting there and gazing at the stars.

Anyway, I walked up to him, and here's how it went:

"Hey, Jon! May I sit here?" I asked.

He looked up at me, "Sure!"

I sat down and took a few deep breaths, "Hey, Jon? Can I tell you something?"

"Of course."

"I like you Jon... as more than a friend." There might've been a few stutters in that.

Here's the rejection...

Silence.

For more than 5 seconds (that's right, I counted; I even used my Mississippis after the numbers).

"I'm sorry, Nico... you're a really nice guy, but I don't like you in that way. We can still be friends though." Jon said. His voice was soft. He didn't sound disgusted, or angry with me...

Maybe that's why I agreed to still be his friend. It was awkward at first, but we're moving past it.

Even if you get rejected, there are multiple ways to bounce back from it, whether it be comfort items (music, fidget toys, blankets/soft things, etc) or just getting out and about, you'll feel better in no time.

And if you need some help, you can ask someone you trust to guide you.

There are multiple ways to get through heartbreak and rejection, but no matter what, you can get through it!

~Nico